Chapter 21: Breakout

6234 words, strap in folks.

Amelie walked down the hallway, thinking anxiously about tomorrow.

She stared blankly down the path she walked along, and was headed for her room.

Until she was startled by the sounds of alarms blaring through the base.

She immediately tensed up, looking around to see red, flashing lights everywhere.

Then, the hallways turned dark.

Amelie stood in the pitch black, confused.

The red flashing lights turned back on, providing the smallest amount of light to navigate the base.

A voice boomed form the hallways speakers.

"All talon agents, we have intruders at the south side of base! This is not a drill!"

Amelie now ran ahead to arm herself, she knew (Y/N) most definitely had something to do with it.

Somewhere Else In The Base

Fuck fuck fuck fuck!

I have no fucking clue where I'm going! IM PANICKING.

These blaring alarms aren't helping either.

Olivia told me to run and I am BOLTING it right now!

I don't know what to do!

Olivia handed me that device, I pulled it out of my ear to inspect it.

It was small and circular.

"(Y/N), (Y/N) can you hear me?!" Olivias voice spoke out from the device.

"Uh, yeah?" I said.

"Ah mierda!" She said.

"What? What?!" I asked loudly.

"Do you have the device?!" She asked.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Put it in your ear then!" She yelled.

"Okay okay!" I put the device in my ear.

"How's this?" I asked.

"Better, where are you!" She questioned.

"I don't exactly know." I looked around.

"Hold on I'll look through the bases cameras." She said.

"Wait, there's cameras?!" (Y/N) asked with worry.

"Well technically no, I shut down a bunch of shit before your friends came here. Anti air defenses, sat comms, power, you get it." She explained.

"Wait, how are my friends?!" (Y/N) asked hesitantly.

"Uh..." Olivia hesitantly looked over to another screen, one that showed where the Overwatch agents were.

• • •

The dropship swooped down just above one of the landing pads outside of the base, talon agents lining up to open fire.