Chapter 27: The Long Way Home (Part 1)

Damnit guys, I really haven't updated in a long while, I cannot express how sorry I am for this.

But also...

HOLY SHIT 120k READS?! LIKE, I KNOW I MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THIS BUT WOAH! I WAS NOT EXPECTING BRIGHT MATTER TO MAKE IT THIS FAR!

AND I HAVE LITERALLY ALL OF YOU TO THANK FOR THAT.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Anyways, I hope you people enjoy the chapter.

"Steady..." Fareeha said.

I had the gun pointed at the target, my aim all over the place.

"You're leaning back too far, stop anticipating it."

She lightly pushed my back, making me lean forward a tad bit.

"Of course I'm anticipating it, I'm about to shoot a gun." I said, trying to focus my aim.

Every now and then my sights would cross the center of the target as I tried to get a good hit in.

"Exactly, it's just a gun. Remember you're controlling it, not the other way around." She wrapped her hand around mine, then proceeded to position herself close behind me. As to help me aim.

She moved her hand, which moved mine right over the center of the target.

I fired.

Almost a direct hit, just barely off the center.

"Not bad." Fareeha smiled.

She released herself from me, not noticing the blush on my face.

"Now try." She motioned for me to start.

Okay, this is easy. Just keep steady... steady...

Sweat dropped down my forehead as my hands shook slightly. I couldn't seem to keep focus.

The gun fired, and a loud ding could be heard as another dent was put into the target. This time, it was far further away from the last shot.

"Damnit..."

"It's okay... you don't have to get it right on your first time." Fareeha reassured me.

"I know..." I removed the clip to load it with more bullets.

"Why don't we take a break from this, go to the gym instead?" Fareeha suggested.

I nodded, "Sounds good."

We made our way to the gym, eventually making it back to the large area.

"Let's begin."

• • •

Fareeha held the punching bag up as I landed hits on it left and right.

"Come on (Y/N), I know you can hit harder than that!" Fareeha said.

I hit the bag even harder than before as my punches began to land faster and faster. I huffed and puffed as I laid into it.

I thought about home, and Talon, and me being here. I grunted as I pummeled the bag with all my might.

Sweat beaded down my forehead, I gritted my teeth as my blows became faster and harder.

I punched and punched and with every hit my frustration grew, with each passing thought, my mind raced even faster.