Chapter 5: The Truth

Third person btw.

Angela and Fareeha were outside (Y/N)'s door.
He opened it.

"Oh, hey guys. What are you doing here?" He asked, opening the door some more.

"Um, (Y/N), could we talk?" Angela stepped forward

"We need to ask a few questions." Fareeha stepped forward.

"Oh, uhm. Okay." He let them in.

"So (Y/N) how did you know about the recall?" Angela asked.

"Oh. Well I- Uhh- in m- well it's kinda awkward." I said.

"Hey, listen. You can tell us the truth, don't worry." Fareeha reassured (Y/N) that he could in fact tell them the truth.

They leaned in, "Yes, you can tell us anything!" Angela reassured. Fareeha was a bit anxious though.

"Just, please bare with me, this is gonna sound crazy but..."

Now, they were intrigued.

"You're all a video game!" He yelled.

"Woah ." Fareeha was shocked, obviously.

"Yeah, this is awkward." I looked down.

"So, you're telling me we're just fictional characters in a video game?" Fareeha stepped forward.

"Yes! Where I come from you're all just a video game! It's an FPS game."

"That's... 'first person shooter right?'" Fareeha asked.

"Yes, you're in it!" I pointed to Fareeha, "And you too!" I looked over to Angela, who quickly looked back up at me.

"That's... quite odd, and it must be even stranger to meet a bunch of fictional characters from a silly video game." Angela stood up.

"Trust me, absolutely mind blowing." I nodded my head. "Overwatch is actually my favorite game, of all time. Or maybe it's Red Dead Redemption 2?" I put my finger on my chin.

"Hey (Y/N)! I've been looking for you! What's going on here!" She pointed to the three of us.

• • •
(Y/N)'s POV

"Well let's be honest, video game or not, you're still here, you're still thinking, breathing, doing your own thing right?" I've been having a conversation to Lena about the fact that she's in a video game, or not really, which is what I'm trying to say.

"Yeah I guess you're right luv, it's not like I'm following some simple code or some sorta programming." She responded.

"Yeah, and I guess I could say I know a lot more than the recall." I lied down.

"What do you mean?" Lena crosses her arms.

"I know how you got your powers." I smirked.

"Oh really?" She crossed her arms.
"How then?" She smirked.

"Well you were going to fly some experimental jet plane, when everything went wrong," I looked up in thought.

"So far so good." Lena sat back.

"You got it terrible too, you faded in and out of existence..." Lena went silent.

"What was that like, Lena?" I tilted my head.

"I think about it to this day... it just gets dark... the best way for me to describe it is like being awake but asleep at the same time, it doesn't sound like much but it was just, bloody horrible..." she hugged her knees, tears welling up in her eyes, an obvious expression of sadness. God, I can only imagine what that's like, especially for the first time.