Chapter 28: The Paris Defense (The Long Way Home Pt.2)

Discord Link: discord.gg/nzpYxjz

Fuck it, I'm dropping the chapter early, I hope you all enjoy!

Make sure to check out my relatively new book, New York's Crusader. I'd love for any JoJo fans to check it out!

I'd also love for y'all to join the server. We always have fun talks on there and I love interacting with and befriending readers!

As of the moment I'm writing this (a/n), I am currently writing pilots for a Cold War zombies and Grand Theft Auto V stories!

Anyways, on with the show!

Winston presented me with the suit.

It was battle armor with a mainly blue and white color scheme, with streaks of light orange on the arms and torso.

"It's pretty standard, but it won't fail you." Winston gave me a nod, and handed me the suit.

I examined it, 'Agent (Y/N)' on the right side of the chest piece.

I cocked my brow as I stared at it, Winston catching on to my gaze.

"Well, you can't put it on by just staring at it." He chuckled, I quickly turned around and walked towards me room.

"Thanks Winston, bye!" I gave him a smile before walking to my room.

"How do I put this on..." I mumbled, looking for some way to allow my body access to it.

"I'll show you." Lena said, I had barely noticed her walking behind me.

"Heh, thanks Lena." I slung the outfit over my shoulder.

I opened the door to my room and turned the light on, once again examining the outfit.

"Let me help you." Lena grabbed it as I opened the bathroom door to change.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Now, I didn't wanna sound like that guy... but...

I looked good as fuck in this thing!

But what's really important is that this is really happening.

I know I keep gawking at my situation, in fact, I don't even know if I should be excited.

Looking at this from an outside perspective I probably seem like the world biggest idiot, jumping into danger balls deep with no lube, it is pretty stupid.

But hey, everything's stupid in some aspect. Even my optimistic nature.

"(Y/N)?" Lena interrupted my thoughts, I had just noticed her starting at me on the mirror.

"Oh, yeah Lena?" I quickly turned around, looking back at her.

"Oh nothing, it just looked like you were spacing out." She replied nonchalantly, but went back to her worrisome demeanor.

"Is everything alright?" I slightly tilted my head in curiosity, Lena rubbed her arm and sighed.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She questioned hesitantly, "This responsibility... it's dangerous. I've lost so many people, (Y/N)."

I could see tears brewing in her eyes, "People like Gabriel and Jack..." she gripped my outfit.

I looked her in the eyes, she didn't know. But what she did need to know is one thing.

I hugged her tightly, "Everything will be okay Lena, I promise."

She hugged back, "If anyone doesn't deserve to die while doing this, it's you (Y/N)."