Chapter 16: Critical Health

Last chapter really blew up, I didn't really expect Wattpad to just blow up so fast!

I finally woke up. The dark, windowless room was intimidating to me, but what's not intimidating in times like these?

The tubes and wires that were once disconnected in my awakening were back to their original placements.

The heart monitor to the right of me beeped at a steady pace.

"Ugh, what was that?" I asked to myself.

I recalled the vision he had. It was strange, and it had Amelie, Angela, Olivia, and Fareeha in it.

But where was I now? I would really like an explanation.

Then the door opened, the gap between it and the walls revealed a brightly lit hallway which for a split second made the dark room slightly brighter.

A figure flipped the light switch, which now lit up the entire room. I shielded his eyes as they adjusted to the new lighting.

"Ah, you're finally awake." Moira held a clipboard as she walked to (Y/N)'s bed.

"What's the scoop." I said.

"Unusually high brain activity." Moira opened up a holographic screen.

"You need to see this." She clicked on a tab, which showed a scan of my brain.

"This is over the period of those 16 hours..." she swiped and showed a picture.

Every single inch in the brain was lit red.

She kept swiping, but nothing changed.

"Okay, I'm not dead though right?" I shrugged.

"That is over the course of two fourths of the procedure, even when we almost lost you. That is not normal." She swiped again.

"Now here, everything appears to be normal, but that only lasted a few minutes. Then..." she swiped yet again.

Total darkness, no colors, no activity.

"I have no idea what that means." I looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"You shouldn't be alive!" She shouted.

"Oh, so that's what that means." I muttered.

"Then near the end of the surgery." She swiped yet again.

"Your brain is back to its normal state but you seem to be in a state of REM." She said.

"What's REM?" I asked.

"Rapid eye movement, it's the state of sleep in which we have dreams." She answered.

"What were you dreaming about?" She smiled.

"Does this affect anything going on here?" I spat.

"No, I am just interested." She semi-laughed

"I'll pass." I crossed my arms.

Moira tilted her head in confusion, but just moved on.

"Anyways, I think you're fine to go back to your room, you are in healthy condition, I don't see anything wrong with you." She flipped through some pages on her clipboard.

"You don't see anything wrong with me after I was unconscious for 16 hours. No actually for some of that time let's not forget I was dead." He glared at her.

"Yes, you were but now you're healthy. And it isn't my job to take care of you." Moira started detaching the wires and tubes form my body.

"Well you kinda suck at it anyways." I lifted up an arm which was now no longer restrained by the tubes and wires. And same with the other arm.