H A N D

Hello, and welcome back,

It took a long time for me to come up with where to go from the last chapter. Clearly, I'm having trouble again but it's okay because not everything can be handed to be on a silver platter. I've been more in touch with my vibrations, and I realized that working at my own pace feels best for me. Writing started to feel like a chore, and that is not what I wanted. Ever. I can admit that my updates have been horrendously slow, but we're nearing the end of Obscene. You all have been so patient. It's insane and it makes me happy that there are people still out there reading my stories. I will forever love each and every one of you. 

Without further adieu, I present to you...

A G G R E S S I V E 

Narrator's POV

It was obvious that scorching summer days were right around the corner. Flowers blossomed at the blink of an eye, the grass grew thick and green, the air was packed with pollen and many indistinctive smells of nature, and leather seats stuck to thighs. Over time, the reasoning for staying indoors grew small, and the reasoning for staying outdoors grew largely.

Everyone was familiar with warm summer nights. It was hard to disregard.

The 5 children of Oliver stood outdoors past 6 PM catching fireflies in small jars only to let them go after a while. Charlotte wasn't fond of her children taking nature's home away from nature. It was, to her, inhumane. Oliver would agree.

Oshun would find herself sitting outside on her father's balcony. Aside from the bright lights that the city had to offer, she looked up at the sky and counted the stars in sight. There'd be days where Oshun would bring nightcrawlers from Oliver's acres back at home and have them stay in the potted plants that her parents had hanging out on the balcony. She was desperate to live in a real home. Desperate for grass. Desperate for owls hooting at night. She wanted to live in the countryside. The city was just too much for a bright and intelligent 5-year-old.

So, when Oshun was told that Uncle Oliver was hosting yet another celebration in the countryside, she went ballistic. She packed pajamas, toys, snacks, and everything you could even think of just for one night with her cousins. Seeing the way she reacted made Amelie rethink her homing situation.

Zeno, 3 steps ahead, already had plans.

"I don't understand why we can't just apart," Oshun mumbled. She crossed her arms with aggression and huffed. "You and Daddy always do that. It just simply does not make sense!"

"Apart?" Zeno whispered to Mel. "What's...that?"

"She meant apparate," Mel replied softly. She turned her head to face the back of the car and looked right into Oshun's softening eyes. "We don't want you to get too dependent on magic. Sometimes, life is better without it."

"What!" Oshun exclaimed, flailing her arms in the air. "Life is a million times better with magic! You can do so much with magic! You can ride on broomsticks! You can turn a cake into a pie! Have you two gone mad?"

For a five-year-old, Oshun had quite the personality. It was expected, given that her parents are both very bright people. With living in the city, exposure to socialites was at an all-time high, so it was inevitable for Oshun to become a chatterbox. Not to mention, her grandmother is the Onyx De Loughrey.

"Daddy just wants to use his car once in a while. It's been sitting in the garage for a while, now," Mel replied. Zeno tried his best to keep himself calm and collected. The word that slipped off Mel's tongue only made his throat tighten. If he were standing, his knees would buckle. It's been nearly a decade and Zeno still gets nervous around Amelie. After one child, his heart is still tender for her.