P A N S Y

Hey guys-

Quick filler. Hope you enjoy it.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

P A N S Y 

*TRIGGER WARNING \\ MENTIONS OF GROOMING*

Narrator's POV

September 25th, 2002

"How was the plane ride?" the brown-eyed woman spoke. "Hope it wasn't too long."

"It was fine," replied Pansy. She set down her luggage and took a deep breath. She looked around the comfortable home and peeped out the window from a distance. Pansy took notice of the little blonde boy who was pushing his little sister on the swing. "5 years passed by, hasn't it?"

The woman nodded. She was prepping for tonight's dinner. "He's 5 tomorrow."

Pansy smiled. "Is red hair a recessive trait in your family?"

"I guess so," the woman giggled. "Charlotte must've got it from her father. You're implying the girl that Jack's pushing, right?"

"Yes," Pansy said. She took a seat on the kitchen chair and picked up her luggage from the ground. She set the luggage right in front of her and unlatched the latches. "Jack. That's a beautiful name, Mary."

"I named him after my father," Mary commented. "He's a ball full of energy, Jack. Mean attitude, too."

Pansy chuckled. "It was expected. Short-tempered, I assume?"

"Don't even get me started, Pans," Mary groaned while dicing the potatoes. "He's very overprotective of Charlotte. His sister."

"Does he know he's...?"

"I've tried to explain it to him, but I don't think he's fully aware by what I mean when I say that he's adopted."

Pansy nodded. She opened her luggage, which revealed leather-covered tomes. "Does he know how to read yet?"

"He's learning," Mary responded. "But he's not really into it as much as my daughter is."

"I brought these books for him. I had to sneak into the Manor. It wasn't that difficult. No one lives there anymore anyways."

Mary finished the dicing of her potatoes. She quickly rinsed her hands and grabbed a towel. Then, she stepped towards Pansy and hovered over the table. Her eyes gazed over the tomes. Mary lifted her hand and brushed her fingers over the aged leather.

"These are expensive," Mary preened. "You sure you want to give these to him?"

"It's his birthright. Why wouldn't I?"

Mary picked up a tome and skimmed through the pages. "Black bloodlines. Blood magic stuff? Apparently, the Black bloodline is well known for blood magic. Excelled in it, even."

"Yeah, well that's why I brought it here," Pansy laughed. 

The backdoor busted open as two muddy children came running in. Their shoes left mud prints all around the kitchen floor. Mary groaned as Pansy giggled. 

"What did I say about running in the home with your shoes on!" Mary shouted. She chased the red-haired girl around the kitchen while Jack effortlessly slipped his shoes off. Jack put his boots by the door and flattened out his cardigan. He approached Pansy with lit eyes.