U N N E R V I N G

Hey guys-

A filler. But a very... shocking... filler... I hope you enjoy. This is the chapter that truly... starts it all.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

U N N E R V I N G 

amelie zabini

{8:12 am}

Zeno and I walked alongside one another down the spaced path of Hogsmeade; crisp, fresh morning air, dewy moisture, though it's bustling with wizards and witches even at such an early time. 

We stop in front of a small breakfast bistro - Sandwitches - Oh. How funny.

Zeno opens the door for me and gestures that I walk in.

"Ladies first," he smiles.

I grin as I walk into the bistro with Zeno following behind me.

At an instant, the smell of syrup and hints of cinnamon fulfill my senses; hickory smoked bacon, freshly brewed coffee, and even unsalted butter.

"Good morning!" the Hostess beamed, "Seating for one wizard and one witch?"

"Yes, madam," Zeno responds as he grabbed my hand gently, intertwining our fingers, "Seating for two."

Woah, hand holding.

I look up at him as he looks straight ahead, awaiting for the hostess to seat us.

"Splendid!" she cheered, "Do follow!"

The hostess grabbed two menus as she guided us through the crowd of many non-vacant tables; this placed seemed pretty popular on Sundays-. I mean, that's how it usually is in the muggle world, as well.

She seated us in a booth with a hanging light, looks like white capiz shell, hovering over the waxy and mahogany wooden table. After seating us, she placed the menus on our table, asked us what we wanted to drink, then said she'd be right back with them.

I chose orange juice.

Zeno chose a warm cup of coffee.

I quickly glance around the bistro as I notice families and pairs of people enjoying themselves; all smiling and laughing, ; projecting bright hues and such. 

Today's a good day.

I meet eyes with Zeno when he's suddenly already looking right at me - smiling.

"Like what you see?" I joked.

Zeno's cheeks turned rosy-pink as he looked down at the table and grinned.

"I definitely do," he responded softly as he looked back up at me, "Have you been here before?"

I shake my head no.

"I've never been to this one, no," I say, "Is it new?"

"It's been here for quite some time now-. About half a year maybe?"

"Ah.." I mumble.

Silence.

All we did was gaze at each other.

He'd smile every now and then, and I'd smile back.

"Zeno," I beam, "So why now?"

He stared into my eyes with confusion plastered onto his face.

"Now...what?"

"That you've decided to make a move."

He gulped.