D A Y 2

NARRATOR'S POV

Malfoy Residence

"Can I talk to you two for a second?" Oliver queried quietly towards his parents, who were conversing in the kitchen as they simultaneously prepared breakfast for their three teenage children. "It shouldn't take that long, really."

Draco looked into Oliver's eyes to see whether or not he can determine if it was going to be a serious talk that he should sit down for. As he glanced into his green eyes - courtesy of Lucille Granger - he sensed that it isn't that big of a deal. And so he leaned against the kitchen counter casually.

"Well, go on," Draco beamed as he crossed his arms. Both parents diverted their attention onto their blonde-haired son while he fiddled with his fingers nervously, "What, did you get someone pregnant?"

Oliver scoffed and displayed a rather offended expression. "What? No! Why would you even-."

Draco softly chuckled as Lucille rolled her eyes. "I'm only joking, Oliver. Seriously, what's up?"

Oliver lifted himself up on the kitchen counter and sat as his legs dangled over the marble tops. Lucille gave him a stern look of disappointment. "I just wiped those tables down, Oliver-."

"And I'll clean them again," Oliver responded frantically, "Sorry, mum. But, anyways, what I've been wanting to talk to you two about is-."

"Mum!" Narsa shouted from above the stairs, "Have you seen my pink skirt?"

"They're still in the washer, darling!" Lucille raised her voice back as Draco and Oliver winced at her resonating voice. Lucille was quite loud, along with Scarlett and Narsa. Women of the home - Draco and Oliver can deal if Lucille can deal with labor 3 times. "Alright, sorry Oli. So what's up?"

"I was wondering if my-. My friend? Or girlfriend? I dunno. I was wondering if she could visit here?" Oliver protruded as he slowly swung his legs.

"Oh? A girlfriend?" Lucille smiled, "What's her name?"

"Charlotte," Oliver responded with pip, "Charlotte Willaby."

"Well, I don't see the issue," Lucille responded, "Yes. She can visit."

Oliver reached for the nape of his neck as he sucked in nervously. "Yeah, um-. The thing is... I was wondering if she could sleep over. For like, a couple days."

Draco shot a glance at Lucille. Your move, my beloved wife. Lucille widened her eyes as she sighed deep.

"Draco? What do you think?" Lucille asked her husband. Draco pushed himself off leaning the counter and rubbed his hands together as a way to think.

"He's your son," Draco jeered, "It's not up to me, really."

Oliver looked at his mum with puppy eyes in hopes that she says yes - and Lucille could feel his green eyes burning right through her. The burning eyes that he inherited from his father.

"I-. I mean, it'd be hypocritical if I said no," Lucille said coolly. "Besides, you're almost 18. And I see to it that you're responsible?"

"So wait," Draco interrupted, "You're saying yes? To this girl coming in our home?"

"Dad, please don't ruin this for me-."

"Why not? Don't you trust your son?"

Draco guffawed. "Of course I do. I just don't know this Charlotte person. What if she steals-."

Oliver groaned as he hopped off the counter. "Dad, seriously?"

"Draco," Lucille beckoned, "You don't have to be like that."