D A Y 7

Hey guys,

Thank you for being patient. 

Without further adieu, I present to you...

D A Y  7 | *trigger warning. mentions of r*pe and s*xual ass*ult*

lola berkshire

The wind blew into our room, sifting through the thick drapes that hung loosely over our window. Notes of evergreen, spring water, rocks, lavender, and sage could be picked up. The moon was bright enough for me to gaze around the room.

Miles had his arms wrapped around me tightly. He had no intentions of letting me go.

And I needed to pee.

We were wrapped in a sherpa blanket that rested over our torsos. It wasn't that cold for the blankets to cover our bodies completely. 

Miles' warm breath brushed against my neck and his soft snoring was something I could never get used to. The boys in my life never snored. I never had a problem with sleeping with my brothers in the room. 

All of this was hard to wrap my head around. We resided in Mancos, Colorado. A safe haven for witches and wizards. The majority of the people here were in their early 20's to late 30's. Witches and wizards had no place to go. 

It was like a village. A small remote village that consisted of small and cozy shacks. Humble abodes. There was a Food Hall that served breakfast, lunch, and dinner at all times. An activity hall sat in the center of the village. It was specifically for the children who would come, but there were none in sight.

One day away from home and I think I'm doing fine. I'm not afraid of Miles like I thought I'd be. To tell the truth, I had a realization that Miles actually cared about my well-being. It could all just be some sort of façade, but I wouldn't find out until later on.

In fact, I've had a few regrets about writing in my note for my family to find me. 

Maybe I don't want to be found. Maybe I want to remain in Colorado for a while until I'm ready to come back. Maybe I just want to stay here. 

"Are you alright?" Miles interrupted my train of thought. I turn my head to face him. His green eyes manage to reflect off from the moon's light. Normally, a captive person shouldn't feel safe when looking in their captor's eyes.

But to me, it's different. 

"Mhm," I mumble along with shaking my head.

"We won't be here for that long," he said. "I don't know how long we'll be here for, but we won't stay for that long. I don't know when it's safe to go back."

"I understand," I replied. Miles pulled me closer to his body. Our legs overlapped and his cotton pajamas rubbed against my bare legs. "Could you tell me more about yourself? Your true self."

He softly chuckled and nuzzled himself into my neck. "Of course," he smiled. His fingers ran through my hair while telling me about his childhood. His real childhood. He went on about the Rosier bloodline, as well as explaining his estranged family. 

Miles brought shame to the Rosier name when he was expelled from Durmstrang. His grandparents refused to fund him to go to any other school even after his father suggested that he attend Hogwarts.

His wealth declined when his father met Minnette Farrell, a muggle with a muggle-born daughter. She knew about the riches of the wizards in the wizarding world. She was well aware. In fact, she was blessed for having a muggle-born witch. Minnette saw Eleanor as her cash-pig.