C R U E L

Hey guys-

I fucking love Novacane. Please listen to Novacane. It's above. Ugh, it's such a beautiful song. Anyway, this is the start. Hold onto your seats. Buckle up. I'm unraveling things now, so stay tuned. Playtime is over. 

Without further adieu, I present to you...

C R U E L

narrator's pov

The air was dewy; the usual around this time of day. Blue hues blended into the sky as clouds formed thinly. The sun barely creeping up on the horizon. Usually, yellow clashing with blue would make green. This time, it created a purple hue, which got thicker and deeper as the sun arose. 

This sun would soon seep into homes. Bleeding through thick ivory drapes. Warming up one's flesh. This sun brought a new day. This sun was dangerous, but everyone loves the sun. Everyone has tainted love for the bright star. 

She had apparated back home. Out of anger. Frustration.

Upon arrival, she climbed up the flight of stairs as she grasped tightly onto her wand. Her feet stomped and trembled on the ground as it made ruckus.

She stormed into her brother's room as he jolted out of fright. His eyes widened after realizing who he was staring at.

"Get up," she snapped as she pulled off his blanket. This made him groan.

Angst grew in his chest as he grumbled and clenched his jaw,

"What are you doing here," he mumbled as he covered his eyes with his forearm.

"How confident are you about the whole thing?" she beckoned as she climbed in his bed. She positioned herself right next to him with adrenaline running through her veins. "I need-. I need progress. Update me-."

"And you're asking about my confidence because...?"

She groaned as she plummeted her face against his feather pillow.

"We've planned this since last year," she mumbled into the pillow, "I need to know if you're actually making fucking progress-."

"Yes," he responded through his groggy voice, "I'm doing whatever it takes. She's receiving every last drop-."

She covered her ears as she fake-gagged.

"I really don't need to know the full details," she said as she lifted her head from the pillow, "I just need to know how confident you are."

"I'm pretty confident about this," he raised his voice, "Why are you back here, anyway?"

The truth is, she had no idea what she was doing back home. Maybe it's because she missed her brother. Maybe because she wanted to see her parents. Maybe it's because she just wanted to be home without a full explanation.

"No clue," she mumbled. 

A moment of silence prevailed in his room as it eventually got brighter while the sun soon seeped through the windows. 

"Why are we doing this?" he asked quietly in attempt to preventing her from exploding. 

She has a short temper. She usually doesn't like being poked around. It was like tiptoeing around her at all times. It's like walking on eggshells around her. You know how mothers tell their children not to touch anything upon entering a store full of valuables? She was fine china, and everyone around her were imbecile children.

"You already know why we're doing this," she seethed.

"This is too much. We can't be doing this-."