P O S T U R E

Hey guys-

Sorry for FUCKING DRAGGING. I wanted to take a couple days off. I've been interacting with a lot of people on Tik Tok. Anyways, enjoy this wholesome-ish filler. Next chapter will be WAY CUTER AHHHH.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

P O S T U R E

amelie zabini

"You were mumbling in your sleep," Zeno whispered, "Are you alright?"

I fluttered my eyes open to see Zeno leaning on his elbow as he watched me wake up.

The sun shone through his bay windows as it bled through the rich colored drapes. Dust particles floated in the air where the sun radiated its warmth, and the house was still. The room was still.

Though my heart was beating immensely fast.

I looked into his eyes as worrisome grew between us.

"I'm alright," I said lowly, "It happens."

The truth is, I haven't had an intense dream like the one I just had in years. You ever just dream about something, though the moment you wake up, it's forgotten? Just a simple blip in your head. And it's infuriating when you can't point it out - when you can't pin point the dream.

But this time, I remember chunks of the dream. A few swatches of the dream managed to stay.

"What happens? Dreaming like that to the point where you produce incoherent sentences?"

"I've done so since I was a child," I responded as I sat up, though our eye contact remains, "Nothing to worry about."

"If you insist," he mumbles.

I give him a reassuring smile before facing frontwards into his room. With sudden movement, his hand comes in tact with my back as he slowly rubs it. I close my eyes and take in the affection.

"How'd you sleep?" Zeno questions.

"Aside from the dreaming, I slept well. I'm just-. I know I'll be aching," I said through a soft chuckle.

He scoffed as he pulled me closer, in which resulted in him wrapping his broad arms around my figure. My back was pressed against his body as my head was craned into his neck.

"We can always take a break from the.. sex."

I bit my lip as I let the question resonate the room.

"Give me a couple days," I specified, "Can you manage?"

"Of course I can manage, Mel," Zeno's morning voice boomed, "The question is-. Can you?"

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

"I can definitely manage," I jeered.

His soft lips kissed my neck gently as he traveled up to my jawline, then to my cheek.

"The whole house will be up soon. Do you want to move to Lola's room?"

"I think that might be a good idea," I respond as I turn to him. Our eyes met as he softened at the sight of me. "You look cute, Zeno." I smile as his cheeks turned a pinkish crimson shade.

"Stop it," he teased through a small smile.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as I pressed my head against his chest. His chest rose and fell at a soft and calming pattern; his strong heart beat resonated in my ears as it sent a comforting feeling around my body.