H I D I N G

Hey guys-

Unraveling things now. Enjoy.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

H I D I N G

amelie zabini

"Ravenclaw," Charlotte responded quietly as she continuously turned the pages of her book, "Though the hat said I could be great in house of Hufflepuff." 

Lola, Scarlett, Narsa, and I insisted that we invite Charlotte to the library with us. A quick library run, if you may. Scarlett wanted to know more about Charlotte, and to be honest, so did I. So far, she's charismatic, energetic, uplifting, and incredibly generous. 

"I do remember being paired with you for a House of Ravenclaw event," Narsa mumbled whilst writing, "You're intelligent. I like that."

Charlotte smiled wide as her face turned pink. "Why, thank you Narsa. You are also intelligent!"

I gave Scarlett a quick glance as she smiled and mouthed 'She's the one!'.

"So Charlotte," I continue, "How long do you plan on sticking around? Because Oliver's going to want to take you back home with us for winter break. You know, to show the family and all."

"And let me remind you that Oli can get quite... attached," Narsa added.

"Guys, can we not scare her?" Lola pestered, "But seriously though, Charlotte. Once he fancies you, he has no intention of letting go."

"You guys are so embarrassing," Scarlett muttered under her breath as she brought her legs up to her chair and hugged them close to her chest.

Charlotte softly giggled at our connotations. She tucked her hair behind her ear and huffed. "I truly have no intention of leaving. I think Oliver's... really charming, to be quite honest with you."

Scarlett and Narsa looked at one another in shock. It's as if Narsa's jaw were about to drop to the bloody ground. They both diverted their attention back onto Charlotte as she continued to babble about her intentions with Oliver.

"His personality is absolutely bright! I don't think I've ever met anyone like him. He's very respectful. He's got a contagious smile, too. I-. I get butterflies just thinking about him," Charlotte cheered. Her cheeks flushed pink as two dimples appeared on both sides of her cheeks. Looking down, she nervously toyed with her buttons on her blouse.

"Are we talking about Oliver Draco Malfoy?" Lola snickered as Narsa and I laughed. "I mean, I agree with the respectful vibe but-. But you really think he's BRIGHT?"

Scarlett playfully shoved Lola through her grin. "We're only kidding, Charlotte," Scarlett spoke softly, "I'm just glad you're not-. You're not mean."

"Oh, heavens no!" Charlotte frantically responded, "Gosh-. If I were ever mean or rude to anyone, I'd really appreciate it if they put me in check. The world is already bad enough."

I smiled at her as she continued to flip through her library book. I had a really good feeling about Charlotte, and I usually don't feel this way about other girls. I trust my intuition more than anything. Charlotte passes. 

"Amen to that," Lola pleaded as she raised her quill triumphantly.

The conversation simmered as each of us did independent work. Narsa was writing essays upon essays. Charlotte was reading a muggle book called 'Tuesdays with Morrie'. Lola sketched and scribbled pretty flowers on a fresh batch of parchment. Scarlett took notes about Transfiguration. I multitasked by observing each and everyone in this table while jotting down notes for Charms class.