D A Y 5 | PART TWO

Hey guys,

Without further adieu, I present to you...

D A Y  5  P A R T  T W O 

scarlett malfoy

I read the letter over and over again. 

"...she fed me with lies..."

"...can you confirm them? Or are you going to deny them?..."

"...I don't know who to believe, Scarlett..."

"...and how's my sister? My mum? My dad? Most importantly, how are you?...

"...I never meant to hurt you, Scarlett."

"...everything got carried away. I should've just asked you instead of listening to other people..."

"...I love you. I'm sorry for everything that I've caused. All the pain and assumptions. I'm sorry, Scarlett. I'm deeply sorry..."

"...nothing could ever justify my actions..."

I quickly folded the letter and tucked it underneath my pillow. The tears soon streamed down my face, though nothing came out of my mouth. I was crying, sure. But I was unable to produce... noise.

Rudely interrupted, the landline phone rings loudly, which resulted in me jumping out of shock. I unravel myself from my sheets and get up from the bed to answer the ringing phone. The rotary phone, a light pink color with stickers plastered all around it that was poorly removed, rung viciously, which only made my blood boil. It's too damn early for all this. Who could be calling?

Picking up the phone, I bring it to my ear. "This is Scarlett!" I cheered with a blank expression.

"Scar," the deep voice says, "Are your parents awake? It's your Uncle Enzo."

"Mmm I don't think so," I reply, "Last night they both knocked out in the living room. They were too drunk," I softly giggle, "Why, what's up?"

"Is Lola sleeping over there? I popped my head in her room and her bed is unmade but she's not here," he explained with a worried tone.

"No, she isn't here," I answered, "Would you like me to ask Narsa? Or would you like to call her individ—"

"Just ask her," Uncle Lorenzo replied frantically, "I'll wait here."

"Well, alright," I lay the phone down on its side and head towards Narsa's room. I slipped on my bunny slippers and swung my door open. Speeding down the hall to Narsa's room, I barge in immediately only to see her with her arm and leg sticking out of the large duvet she's wrapped herself in. "Nar? Is Lola in your bed with you?" I harshly whispered.

Narsa groans while lifting the cover away from her face. She looks me in the eyes, though her lids are squinting. The bright sun shining in her room was mildly irritating both of us. Consequences of having a bay window, I guess.

"No," she mumbles, "Close the door on your— *yawns* — way out."

I slip back out of her room and close the door behind me. I sprint down the other end of the hall towards Oliver's room. Once I reach his door, I rattle on the doorknob when I realize that it's locked. I knock a few times up until a noise emits from behind the door.