Prologue

I was walking back and fourth in front of our bed observing my phone on top of it while waiting for my wife Lisa to call me

I was walking back and fourth in front of our bed observing my phone on top of it while waiting for my wife Lisa to call me... because that is what she said. I was left alone in our condo because she had a meeting and I don't have a friend to talk to...well I do have one but he's busy for sure so i don't have a friend to talk right now!

Aish!

*Phone ringings*

I jump on our bed as soon as my phone rang and answer it without looking.

"Mrs. Manoban?" I heard a unfamiliar voice that made me frown and glance at the id.

Oh shoot!

"Y-yes speaking" i answered and get up on the bed.

"Are you busy?You can come over Mrs. Manoban, the results are in my hands now" 

I exhaled a nervous breathe and looked at my reflection in the vanity mirror before answering.

"Okay."

וו×

The smell of the disinfectant pervaded the hospital. Jennie was about to grab the door and leave when it suddenly open meeting a pair of dark orbs eyes.

Jennie smiles at the girl who was currently frowning at her. Jennie ignore it and didn't notice the bodyguard which is one of Lisa's men- behind the girl then she dashed out of the ob gyn clinic excitedly with the lab results in her hand.

The girl tilt her head out of confusion as to why Lisa's wife doing here? She shook her head and entered the office when the doctor called her to come in.

"Ms. Bae please come in"

Jennie get inside of the car and her driver closes the door and jogged to the driver seat.

She can't erase the smile that is plastered on her face.
I'm sure Lisa will jump because of happiness Jennie thought.

FLASHBACK

"It's okay honey, we can try again and if it still not gonna work. We can adopt okay?" Lisa smiled assuringly to her wife, trying to lift up her mood. Jennie was sitting on the edge of their bed, fidgeting her fingers while lowering her head. Lisa who was kneeling on the floor beside her reached her cheeks. She stare at her while gently caressing her cheeks.
"You are more important to me than to not having a child okay? We always have options honey, don't think about it too much alright?" Lisa leaned to kiss her wife's forehead and hug her.

END OF THE FLASHBACK

Jennie smiles in relief. After three years, finally the long wait is over.

Jennie was infertile. Lisa didn't leave her side instead she love her more and be gentle to her everytime. Jennie was happy that she found someone who would love her genuinely and didn't mind if she can't give her a child.

Although recently, there was an abrupt change in Lisa's attitude, not only cold, even answering her call -that's why Lisa told her to just wait for her to call- she was also became impatient which made her wonder what caused such a drastic change in Lisa's attitude.

Jennie peeked to her watch and decided to go to the mall for a bit to find something she can use for Lisa to guess about the good news to make it more exciting and fun.

Her bodyguard carry the three paper bags as they entered the elevator and pressed the button where Lisa's office can be found. Jennie bit her lip to prevent her from smiling but the more she think about Lisa's reaction is enough to make her feel an excitement.

Jennie took the bags and nodded to her bodyguard signaling him to go which he obey immediately. She was holding the two paper bags in her left hand so she uses her right hand that's holding a bag so she can easily rotate the knob.

As soon as she opened the door, her smile dropped and her burning passion turned into tears  seeing her wife and a familiar figure of a woman sitting on Lisa's lap while devouring each other's lips like there's no tomorrow.
No one inside the cold office notice her presence not until her hand looses the grip and drop the paper bags on the floor. Her hands started to shaken, her heart is raging...and hurting but she stop herself from dashing to their direction and harm them like a lover do in the movies -and in real life.

Lisa was stunned but her face expression didn't change, emotionless.
She slyly push the woman out on her lap and  froze at the moment. Jennie bit her bottom lips to stop herself from crying she then draw out a shaky breathe. Lisa was familiar to that expression but she didn't move.

Jennie didn't say anything and just turned around and ran -just like a coward who is always afraid of confrontation....away from the hurtful truth

Why?

Why now?

How can you???

"Jen" lisa mumble and about to follow her wife when a grip from her wrist stopped her.

"Don't."

וו×

Jennie suddenly woke up because of the loud knock from the door. Jennie wiped the top of her lips tip thinking that it was her saliva

But it wasn't