36- drunk

Jennie's PoV

I stretched my neck while yawning then I exhaustingly slump my back on the backrest. I'm so tired, I spend my whole day inside my office. I only had sandwiches and coffee for my breakfast and lunch. Time check, it's already midnight. I haven't eaten my dinner yet. I don't feel hungry tho.

I stared at the picture frame of my son, I smiled and grabbed it. I'm sure my son misses her mom so much. We haven't had bonding together ever since Song Kang came back. I mean, I was also expecting that we were still going to have a vacation at Jeju Island. That's what we planned for Xavi's upcoming birthday. But, after what happened, I don't know...

Until now, it's still vivid to me that's why I'm so embarrassed to talk to him because every time I see him, I fucking remember kissing him!

I'm just like a teenage shy girl running away from her crush.

But I must admit, the kiss wasn't that bad.

What the hell Jennie?

Yes, it wasn't a bad kiss. Let's admit it Rubyjane.

I put back the frame and grab my coat. I realized I've been avoiding him these past few days, and it's not right for me to do that after what happened. I don't know how to start this but I should clarify things first. We're not young anymore, we are old enough and we have our own responsibilities. We can make this right, yeah.

I saw the guard bowing his head at me so I bowed lightly and went to where I park my car. I started the engine and drove to our condo.

When I reached the building, I hasted to enter the elevator. There's still a lot of people strolling around. But when I stopped to our floor, it was so quiet and I feel like I'm hearing an eerie sound or I'm just scaring myself?

I put my car keys in my bag and when I lift my head, I saw Song Kang standing ahead of the room next door. He didn't notice me since he's facing the opposite way.

"Kangaroo" I called that made him startle turning at me.

"R-rubyjane, are you here since earlier?" He asked but I can feel him ill at ease. I frowned at him

"Just now, what are you staring at?" I asked and about to look at his back when he slyly blocked it using his body.

He chuckled and put his hands on my shoulders, "let's talk inside" he said and pulled me to enter the condo.

My frowned fades and changed into nervousness when I realize that it will be the two of us again, would it be awkward? Should I just pretend that it's nothing? Or it's not affecting me at all? Or I will just tell him that it's a friendly kiss?

Yeah a friendly french kiss.

Lmao Rubyjane, that's so lame.

"Ruby?" His deep voice arose made me staggered to my feet.

"Y-yeah? I mean, yes?" I stammered and force a chuckle.

He just smiled and jammed his hand in his pocket,

"Go to bed, I'll see you tomorrow" he said softly to me

I was speechless but then nodded my head.

"O-okay" I replied, before I could even turn my back I notice him walking towards the door.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked confusedly.

He halted and face me, he pointed at his back using his thumb "I uhm, actually---"

He didn't finished his statement when Jessi's voice envelopes us. Her footsteps came closer, I look at her and she's puckering her brows at us.