19- failure

Lisa's PoV

"PRANPRIYA!"

I squeezed my eyes shut as soon as I heard my Father's dirorderly flight. I'm already expecting him, likewise to his scolding and yelling or even something worst.

He haven't entered my office yet i can already feel his anger.

Before I could take another cigarette, the door was harshly opened revetting an old man's wrath-face.

"How did this happened?! How could you easily lose to this undefamed company? Are you really trying to bring us onto the pit?!" He thundered the moment he step in.

I heave a deep breathe and said calmly, "We are still ahead compared to the companies and to the other countries. We are still not at a loss."

Even if it's true, the fact that we are being replaced in that position is really a fucking embarrassment and aggrading. Imagine, we've been on top for a long time and at least once had never experienced a sudden fall like this, especially just because of that mysterious business woman who just appeared out of the blue.

He sneered in disbelief "not a loss? do you know what you are saying? how are you able to compare the highest ranking in one country compared to the rest of the world!?"

I look up to him, even his lips were shaking in anger. I stood up and walk towards him

"incidents like this are inevitable, I'm sure that company won't last long in that position." I said while staring directly through his eyes. In this way, i could tell him that I will literally bring back what is truly mine.

"No matter what you say Pranpriya, admit it. You're a failure!"
his face went blank but his voice explicitly made my ears rang. I felt the throbbing veins in my neck.

I secretly clenched my fists and gave him a tight-lipped smile.

"I'm not and I will never be-"

"Huh! The moment you choose to marry that trash, you already became a failure in my eyes!"

I was taken aback and lost for words. I know he didn't like Jennie, not only because she was poor and came from an average status but also she was infertile.

But what did he just say?

It's like he just slap me with his words right in my face..

"Now that she had returned, you're becoming irresponsible? Pranpriya, don't ever drag the company because of your flub dubs. I don't care if we are still ahead of others, i want us to be on top from everything! That's the only reason why i still considered you as my child."

Hearing this for the first time, instead of feeling enrage i choose to be calm in front of him.

But I will never forget this.

Never forget what someone says to you when they are angry, because that's when the truth comes out.

He treats me as a child because he has no other heir but me, I who will continue what he started, I who will grow the company and enrich him, I who will give him a grandchild, why didn't I think of that?

Ever since I was a child, the only thing that mattered to him was money, I feel like he married my mom not because he wanted and loved her but just to have an archer. Otherwise all of this, company, reputation, money and power would not go to him.

"Don't worry Father, I will take back what belongs to Manoban." I said smiling, but my eyes weren't happy at all.

who's child will be happy after hearing that?