17- drunk

Wiping his cold sweats, he breath hard before he rotate the knob and pulled the door slowly. He walked behind the tall woman who was standing and contemplating outside of her glass window.

"You...you asked for me?" Bobby tried not to stutter, he saw his palm was trembling and immediately hid his arm on his back.

He gulped hard when Lisa slowly turned around and face him with her blank look.

Did she already know?

Did Jennie doubled crossed me?!

Otherwise, why would Lisa call me?

She's been ignoring me for almost 4 years, why would she suddenly want to see me?

Thinking about this, Bobby can't stop the cold sweats from his forehead. He keep on licking his lips.

"I want to know the truth." Lisa said calmly. Bobby saw the sadness that past in Lisa's eyes for a second.

Fuck! Jennie Kim!!!

You should keep your word
because I also have my one word!

Lisa is smart, if she notice me being like this she would suspect me obviously. Calm down, Bobby. Calm the fuck down.

"Truth?" His voice became soft when Lisa walked and sat on the couch. She looked at him and to the couch across her, telling him to sit.

"Bobby"

She called my name?!

And she's staring at me?

Before, Lisa never talked to him she completely ignored him, she don't even give him a look and if she does, it's the disgusted look but now Lisa is staring at him... Like how she used to when she's still treating him as his best friend.

What's happening now?

"W-what truth L-lisa?"

"Don't you really know where my mother is? Father said, she's missing and that she died. But is it the truth?"

Bobby averted his gaze away from Lisa. He was relieved that it was not about him stabbing their backs, but it's useless because Lisa wanted to know about her mother's death which doubled his foreboding.

Even though how much Lisa hated Bobby, she still want to know the real truth about her mother and if she needs to talk to her childhood best friend again, she would. Bobby was the one who reported to Marco that her mother was gone and Marco told Lisa two years ago so it's impossible that Bobby doesn't know anything.

"We didn't even had a proper investigation about this, but my Father accepted it so easily. You are his assistant, he trusted you I know. But, i'm seeking for the truth for almost three years Bobby."

Bobby was stunned, he didn't know that Lisa was investigating about her mother? Almost three years?! So it means she have never find anything.

Bobby knew that Lisa's biggest weakness was her mom. That's why he understood easily when Lisa changed after knowing that her mother died. Her mother and Lisa had a different and deep relationship unlike to his father Marco who isn't a good father at all. Bobby knew almost everything about Lisa's past because he is Lisa's childhood friend and now that he became her father's trusted person he also knew a lot about Marco and his doings.

"Lisa, i know it's still hard to accept but you have seen her corpse yourself-"

"But it wasn't her!" Lisa said almost yelling.