29.

Georgia

Seated in the confines of the SUV, Lucifer read the log made on young Monroe's day-to-day activities. It so happens that their day of choice for the raid is on one of his 'off' days. On four appointed days, numerous visits are made to his lavish home. The people vary from males only to couples dressed in runway-approved fashion for the rich. On the 'off' days, two visitors come by in dark vans and high security. A few hours ago, one of his visitors was caught, and Lucifer wasn't disappointed. The driver was now seated beside him shaking in fear with a bloodied nose and bruised eye.

"I can give you jail time or death. Speak," he said lazily, turning the page of the report. The layout of the place was studied, and his curiosity piqued upon learning of the renovated basement and the sloped garage. Monroe had the place wired to protect himself and whatever shit he was doing. On top of his little trip into the underworld to regain what he lost after being released from jail, enough evidence placed him as one of Dominion's stepping stones. The people were probably using him to get closer to Delacourde. After all, Raizon and Arianna took down his father and the men associated with him. Anyone can work on that grudge to the best of their abilities.

"Who are you? W-why am I here?"

"How long have you been the delivery guy? Do you know your employer? What is the cargo? How are you paid? Answer them, no additional phrases. I'm pressed for time," Lucifer said, looking out the window. "Wait for me inside. Keep the noise to a minimum." His order was heard by three groups positioned at designated areas of the Monroe estate. Each team had five soldiers making it fifteen men clad in Black Hawk uniforms and heavily armed.

"Yes, boss."

"I'm waiting."

The man sitting beside Lucifer was probably a few years older than him, but the danger emitting from the teen struck fear in him. He wanted to answer to save his pathetic life, but he was so scared that he couldn't talk. 

"Do you need motivation? I can help you know." 

The move from the neatly suited teen was too quick; all he caught was a glint of light on metal before the sharp tip of a knife was pressing against his pulse. Still seated in a composed manner with the folder placed on his crossed knee, Lucifer's left hand was outstretched towards his guest, poised and ready to place more pressure on his target. 
"This is one of my pep talks. I find it very successful." 
Over the channel, he heard the chatter of his men as they infiltrated Monroe's home, replacing the now incapacitated guards with themselves to keep up appearances. He was also informed of the security feed being manipulated and the search for secondary users.

"Fuck. A few months. A friend. A friend got me this job. I'm just called to deliver and to only drive on the given route. Ummmm... I... It's good money, you know. I don't know who the fuck owns this place. Please. That's all I know," the man rushed out. He was careful not to move too much. The thought of taking this chance to knock the knife out of Lucifer's hand was there, but his fear reminded him of the weapon surfacing out of thin air. Not only that, there were two guys outside his locked door; he was trapped.

"Paid in cash. Burner phone. Wasn't tagged. You're collateral. I see now. Well, thank you. You may leave now."

'Can I?' he asked himself. The knife was removed from his neck; he followed Lucifer's actions and saw the knife being reholstered on a thigh holster alongside a gun. The sound of the door being unlocked startled him; it was more like a gunshot giving him the jolt to open the door and run. That's what he thought, and that's what he did. The men watching over their boss didn't stop him; they kept their eyes on him as he ran. They had some friends waiting for him; he will be so relieved to find them.