7.

This was expected. The blatant stares, the whispers and the nasty sneers from the girls. Rumors were also expected. From the moment Lucifer drove into the school's parking lot and helped her out of his SUV, it all began. Her new boyfriend treated and fussed over her like fragile glass. It was quite amusing to see this dominant and aloof guy walked proudly through the mass of students with a purple backpack on his shoulder and clutching onto his petite girlfriend. Amara couldn't help but blush under his avid attention and stolen kisses while they hung around her Math classroom door.
He complained of not seeing her until lunch and promised to rectify that problem as quickly as possible.

"I want to treat you to lunch today. What do you think?" he asked wrapping his arms around her body. It took everything in her not to close her eyes and snuggle deeper into his embrace. She felt tiny within the circle of his arms. His defined torso under her body had her picturing him with his shirt off in reality. She saw a candid shot of him shirtless online and was taken away by his male beauty. For a teenager, his body was one of a matured man. Besides the tattoo on his neck, he had a large back tattoo of a fallen angel matching his likeness in hair with burnt feathers falling off, it was beautiful. On his chest was a gun with spent shells lying below it with names written on it. Whoever captured him on a family vacation got perfect shots. She wanted a personal viewing of her artwork. 

The compulsive need to touch and kiss him was strong even see him minus a few garments, it was all so new to her and mind-boggling. Will it always be that way?

"Tempting but I need to purchase a new phone after school today. Lunch in the cafeteria will suffice till then," she answered finally focusing on their conversation. 

"I can have one brought to you..."

"No. No special treatment. I have my own money which I can buy a phone of my own choosing and little things I may need at the mall," she said cutting him off.

"But I want to spend on you," he whined before kissing her head. The two were oblivious to the stares and phones aiming in their direction. Amara rolled her eyes and hid her smile when Lucifer pouted and tried to give her his best innocent look. So cute, she said to herself as she slipped her hands below his t-shirt. He shuddered against her, muffling a groan when she slowly ran her fingers up his spine. A sense of satisfaction ran through her, knowing a simple touch made him respond to her so quickly.

"From what I read, birthdays and gift-giving holidays are acceptable when romancing independent women. Spontaneous gifts are accepted but they can not be extravagant," she reiterated. An amused laugh escaped him by how serious she looked when she shared her bit of research. His Ami. 

"Very well. May I add that my independent girlfriend doesn't have to worry about gifts for me? Having her is enough."

Amara held onto him tighter. His words made her feel truly wanted and all tingly inside. She voiced her reaction to his words which rewarded her with a wide grin. "It's only the truth, my sweet Ami," he whispered in her ear. 
The bell rang bringing the two back to reality. Boldly he led her into her classroom and got her situated in her chosen seat. Crouching beside her, he held her hand whispering loving words in French which she didn't understand but felt the reverence of whatever he was saying. Looking into his eyes after it all she felt like crying and it was confusing as hell. The way he looked at her, she only saw it in movies she decided to watch as research and not fun. They just got together but it felt like they've known each other for years. Are soulmates truly real?

" Wait for me in your class so we can walk together to lunch," he said in a demanding voice. Amara raised her eyebrow at his tone. He chuckled and shook his head in amusement. "Mama will love you," he said softly. "Would you like me to walk you to lunch?"