13.

Over the deep blue sea

"I still don't trust them."

Tammie Harris eyed the girl beside her who hasn't moved from her seat nor eaten since they left Russian soil. Understanding her fear and distrust, Tammie wanted to reassure Sai that Roman Poscov was someone she can trust. Putting a gentle hand on her bandaged wound, she was thankful to him and greatly so. He saved her life. Currently, both her and Sai were seated in large and very comfortable seats on the most beautiful private jet she has ever seen. Online pictures of other private jets pale in comparison to the one they were in. The large bucket seats had their own entertainment set up, chilled cooler to keep whatever beverage one will need cool and sleep necessities like a blanket, blindfold, and fuzzy warm socks. Sai only bent to the blanket, everything else she denied. When the male attendant offered her a hot meal and denied, Tammie saw how concerned he was. She followed his returning steps at the back of the jet where he paused near Roman and his friends. Their eyes caught and unbelievable to her she understood the question in his raised eyebrow. She shrugged her shoulders and went back to Sai.

"Malen'kiy voin, are you not hungry?" 

The deep steady voice of Roman startled her, she was tired but worried Sai will freak out. She can already feel how her body became tensed by Roman's presence. Turning to him, she gave him a tired smile and sigh. His face soften with concern. "Your friend needs to eat also. Miko was deeply upset neither of you ate the meal he prepared for his two new American guests," he said softly.

"I'm sorry, Roman. I wasn't hungry then but I am now. I'll apologize to Miko. Two servings on one plate will be better," she returned, whispering the last part.

"Very well. Are you in pain?" 

"A little."

Roman huffed in displeasure. "You've been through a lot moy malen'kiy voin. Food and rest for you. You shall have the master cabin, both of you. My mother packed a bag each for the two of you for your comfort on this trip back home," he said glancing Sai's way. 

"That's very nice of her. Umm... our parents. Have they been notified?" she asked strenuously. 

"My aunt in Boston did so when you two were safely on board."

"Even Ivory's..." Tammie began to say but the sob was lodged in her throat.

"Even her parents. My aunt assured me, all will be well. Sit back, I shall get you your meal," he said with a smile. Tammie bit back a laugh, his version of a smile was a simple twitch of his lips, during their time in the hospital, Roman visited her every other hour to simply talk and put her at ease. His mother was the one who helped Sai and her through the intrusive exams. Never again she wanted to go through that, it brought back what was done to them. He was the one who told them the good news of finally going home, all Tammie wanted to do was hug her parents and shut down the outside world. No girl should be subjected to what they endured. Never.

"Okay," she whispered. 

Touching her fingers lightly, he rose from his crouching position and left the two. "You shouldn't get so close. They still can turn on us. How do we know we're heading back home? How can you be so gullible?" Sai hissed at her.

"I believe if they were anything like our captors, we would have been like Ivory right now," Tammie heatedly said, tears betraying how she really felt. She still can hear the gunshots placed in Ivory and the ones whizzing past her before one lodged into her arm.

"Maybe they killed her," Sai countered.

"Sai. Stop. I trust them. I may be naive to think so but I do trust them. Please just eat, you need your strength. We'll rest in the back."