12.

Arianna smiled in welcome when she felt her husband near. Looking up from the intricate style she was braiding in her son's hair, her body went lax upon seeing Raizon leaning against the door frame of Lucifer's room. Gone was his jacket, his tie was loose around his neck and the sleeves of his olive green shirt were rolled up to his elbows, a sign of having had a busy day at the office. She sympathized with him, after her meeting with the agency heads, she had pressing matters to tend to at a few restaurants and business clients but she made sure she was home in time to help her little boy. Both Arianna and Raizon made a promise to never put their work ahead of the kids, they should always see both of them before bed and before they leave for home for a new day.

"Welcome home, father," Lucifer greeted.

"Thanks, son. I heard tonight is your first date and it's a bit unconventional," Raizon stated nonchalantly. Walking in further, he placed a kiss on his wife's head before taking a seat in one of the armchairs in the corner of his son's large room. 
Lucifer grinned and began to tell his father everything. His parents both listened intently, sharing happy glances with each other and asked polite questions about Amara. It filled their hearts with joy knowing their son was happy and possibly blossoming in love. A frown marred his father's face when he was told of her being alone in her home for the coming months. 

"Why don't you offer her a room at the mansion your cousins are staying at? She will be safe and watched over by them." 

"No. I can't and I won't. I disrespected her this morning by going alpha mode. I became overprotective and wanted to do things my way without asking her if she can handle things on her own. She came outright and told me what she can do. I swore I was getting a dress-down from mama," Lucifer replied.

"I like her already," Arianna quipped. 

Raizon hid his smile when Lucifer rolled his eyes playfully and continued to talk about his day with Amara. He was pleased with the soldiers chosen to look after the girl and his son's plan to have her protected at all costs. It took him back when he had his top soldiers in and out of the Delacourde estate protecting his wife when she was still in that coma. He didn't even want a fly to land on her. She was and still is his precious gem. 

"So how are we to act? Do I give the warning speech or your mother?" Ray teased.

"Mama promised to behave. I really like her, I'm bordering on love for her in such a short time, I don't want to scare her away. She's socially awkward but has the smarts of a rocket scientist. She's logical in thinking and honest with her words. Her planning this date is her way of being a normal teen," Lucifer countered.

"When do you plan on telling her about the family? Plus, your sister, "Arianna asked softly.

"I-I don't know. I trust her completely but our family is so unorthodox. People think the Mafia is just a Hollywood thing, that it's only in the movies. That we kill mindlessly and destroy society. I'm scared that I will lose her. "

"Tell her soon. Take it from me, the earlier the better. I was hurt before your uncles told me about what they are in but it turned out great for me. Your father and I found each other and got our happily ever after while others didn't have that luxury. Be straight with her," Arianna said squeezing his shoulder in support. Raizon nodded his head in agreement, he nearly lost her before he even had her in his arms properly. It still haunts him seeing her in that hospital bed connecting to wires to keep her alive and the medical report from her ordeal. His wife was a strong woman, stronger than him which he will boldly admit. She was his ideal.

"I'll think about it."

Arianna listened on as Lucifer and Raizon discuss an upcoming game to attend until she finish braid his hair. Leaving her two boys in the room, she went to his closet, shaking her head at the amount of dark clothing he accumulated. "You will think I gave birth to the devil himself," she muttered. After a few minutes of digging, she found a pair of dark blue denim, white knit sweater and a dark green shear line jacket to complete the laid back look she wanted to portray on him. His favorite black high top sneakers were in the line up along with his black hoop earrings. Placing them on the standing clothes rack, Arianna returned to find Lucifer alone in his room, grinning into his phone.