20.

New York

Arriving at their temporary home at one of their family's hotels, Raizon knew he will find his wife up by the time he arrived in New York. Word got to him of her early arrival and her strict orders to take her to the morgue. He hated that she was taking the blame for the small family's death when its one man's mental and selfish action. Making his way through the hotel lobby, the familiar stares whenever he or his family visits met him instantly. One will think after years of his name being in the media they will know not to stare and leave them be. 
Guards stood dutifully at the elevator banks,, they quickly pressed the call button when they saw him along with his three guards coming towards them. 

"Boss lady arrived two hours ago, the girls reported that she's still up. They're worried, this is the longest she has been out of it," one reported.

"Understandable. I'll take care of her now, the girls will be down soon," he returned giving them a firm nod. 
Stepping into the elevator, he watched on as the doors closed and the numbers ascend to the penthouse. His wife broken voice played in his mind, she felt guilty by it all. To her, it was her fault that her charge got killed because it was she who gave the okay for her to return home. She felt guilty for being in a happy marriage when the women she cared about got the shitty end of the stick when it came to husbands. No matter how many times he tried to reassure her over the phone but he still heard the wistfulness in her voice when she tried to say that she was alright. 

The doors opened to reveal two pacing female soldiers when he stepped out they both turned to him and released a deep breath in unison.

"Welcome home boss."

"Thanks. You're free to go. I have her," he replied.

They gave the secured door a hesitant look before respecting their boss' order. Running his hand through his greying hair, he placed his thumb on the security scanner and waited for the lock to be disengaged. 
Entering the foyer of the penthouse, family pictures were on either side of the walls which gave any visitor the sense of comfort when they enter. A mixture of bright and neutral colors was placed all over the home, Arianna's taste for showing her exuberant side was clearly shown, and it was wholly adopted by their children. Pieces of their personality had a place in the home, even the dogs they all loved had some sort of toy in a corner on their bed. No matter what home he entered after a long day, the relaxing aura that was created there always dissolves any anger or stress. It's all because of her. 

Passing the formal sitting room, he walked passed the winding staircase that led to the rooms and made his way to the family room. Raizon wasn't disappointed when he spotted his wife on the large sofa blankly staring at an ongoing tv show. Ditching his jacket and shoes, he silently approached her, slipping under the blanket she had over her.
Arianna didn't move, she easily allowed him to hold and move her to make himself comfortable. She was happy he was here, she needed him now more than ever. Closing her eyes, she took in the scent that was purely him, the lingering kiss he placed on her head and that simple statement made the tears she held for days go free. 

"We're the lucky ones to have you in our lives."

Ray's heart ached when he felt her hot tears fall onto his arms, heart-wrenching sobs racked her body, all he can do was hold her and listen to her release her grief. 

"He poisoned them," she sobbed into his arm. Raizon quickly turned her body into his and listened on as she recounted the coroner's report.  In between her words, she tried to tamper her sobs but he reassured her that it was alright. From what she was able to relay, her charge's husband poisoned their kids through their dinner, the cops found them tucked in their beds. He killed his wife in their bedroom, stabbed her to near death, and let her bled out. She used her last strength to send the distress call. Their men found him simply sitting on the bed staring at his wife. After he was dealt their way, they handed him over to be tried and dealt with even more in jail.