3.

Lucifer

The firm double knocks on my bedroom door sounded a few seconds before my alarm. Sleepily I burrowed a bit deeper into my bed, grinning at my father's early timing. I knew he was doing the same for the twins, baby sis had a different wake-up call from us. Father always wake her up with a song he learned from his grandmother, we all remembered it from our earlier years thanks to him and our mother. 
Knowing today was the first day of my senior year, I forced myself to get out of bed and got started on my morning routine.

Brush my teeth.

Quick Shower. 

Meet brothers in home gym.

Spar and weight training for an hour.

Shower and Dressed.

Seated at the breakfast table between my brothers, I quietly took in my family dynamics. A small smile was on my lips as my father, the Mafia King, and respected CEO was flitting about the kitchen in lounge pants and a pink apron, fixing breakfast for his family. The tv was streaming cartoons, not only for Rejeanne's benefit but for ours. We may be tough looking teenagers but we love our cartoons, little sister wasn't even in the room. Father went back and forth between the table and stove as he served our breakfast. My brothers and I noted how tense he was, we knew why and couldn't blame him. Not only was it the first day of school for his sons after an entire summer of mafia-related issues, but it was also the day the last Delacourde kid will be debuting. For ten years, Rejeanne's existence was kept from the world. Our sister is the third female to be born under such a powerful name, directly. We have female cousins but they weren't truly affiliated with the mafia and considered safe. Rejeanne's safety will always be a top priority, she will be a target for any opportunists. If father had his way, she would have been a modern-day Rapunzel but mama said her piece and it has been her way as far as I can remember. 

"Mama has it all sorted, father. Jeanie will be fine. We can't have her locked up because she's a girl," Ares commented. 

"It won't make my worry lessen," father replied. "She's an heiress and a mafia princess, a prime target to any of our enemies, especially to this present one. Though their attacks to our territories are minor, I won't put it past them to escalate."

A frown marred my face. This latest threat has been around a long time. A name to the person or persons behind the kidnapping of girls was found, also the workings of some of their tech but faces, real names, and locations were impossible. Over the years, my brothers and I watched on and participated in the upgrades and workings our parents made throughout our little underworld. From simple armory to tech, everything was advanced, security became tighter each day as we grew older and our training has been harder. We understood the dangers our family may have to deal with but we will always worry about the women in our lives. Our mother and baby sister. 

Before my brothers and I can placate our father once more, in, ran the subject of our worries. Her dark curls, similar to our mother's was braided in an intricate style similar to mine. The beaming smile on her face as father caught her in his arms, playfully kissing her on the cheek made us all smile. She was already dressed for school, looking adorable as ever. She had the excitement and temperament like any other ten-year-old girl. Complexion light brown, close to our own skin color, a mixture of our parents, she was the image of a pretty biracial girl, but she had one outstanding feature. Mama always joked that grandfather placed a word with the big man above to give us more challenges when he blessed them with a girl. A girl with Raizon Delacourde's olive-green eyes. 
Looking at them now, the resemblance was uncanny. She had similar facial features like us and the telltale eyes. This coverup was major and needed, soldiers assigned to play the part of big brothers and drivers have sworn their loyalty to the seal. The family had friends outside of the circle who they trusted to look over Rejeanne but what pained us all was the distance we must create in public from her. Spoiling her with excursions or giving her the some-what normal childhood we had will be non-existent for her. We had to do this.