16.

Boston

"I got the surveillance report from Nico about the Bulgarian. Illya is taking a look into this on his side. What do you have to say about this new matter?"

The voice of Raizon Delacourde was loud in the office Lucifer has taken over since his parents left the country. Documents were scattered all over the desk, the small armory was open, the wall of monitors was one in which you can hear the distinct chatter of the soldiers in each zone, all were background noise. A typical scene for him and his father. When a person hears Mafia, they suddenly think abandoned warehouses with men strung up like meat on a chain. It takes more ways to be on top than intimidation.
Lucifer cut off a smile that was blooming on his face when the memory of Amara's initial reaction, he was overall relieved that she didn't run away.

"It all makes sense. One threat is taken out, the others want to step into that position. Our silence has been taken for weakness. Our background work has given the civilians a sense of peace to go about their daily lives. These little gangs want mayhem. It seems like they wish to go back to the old ways, father," he said aloud. He paced the floor under the watchful eye of his father, both thinking of how the changes will affect their peaceful living. 

"The old ways were stressful. My father ruled with an iron fist which brought peace between us and the feds. To have what we built tarnished isn't an option," Raizon said firmly.

"You're right. Two days withdrawal will be in effect within all sectors, during that time we will look for any more like the Bulgarian. Our presence still confuses them, they are used to your signature which has been their bane of fear for years. I believe it's wise to let them think the French gave up on American platforms."

"You're right. Your mother still uses her tactic in which the other families adapted. The ladies are still striking fear when they go out on missions. It will confuse them a bit which will give us time to figure out this whole Dominion shit and those who want to take over from them. Good thinking ," Raizon said praising his son.

"My men will be in and out of the affected territories, blending in. I will have uncle Michael enroll Nico at the nearest school where we had the Dice problem. He won't like it but he will do it. Dominique is with her charge, Roman is with his, they've asked permission to stay in those locales. The specific measures have been taken. The twins..."

"What of the twins? I spoke to them a while ago but nothing seemed amiss. Your mother spoke to Eros and she said he seems off? What is going on?" his father asked, truly concerned.

"They wish to branch out," Lucifer nervously answered. 

Raizon said nothing, he rose from his seat and began to pace identically to his older son. Lucifer can see in the background of the video call, the night sky of Japan. Knowing his father, he was probably staying up to talk to every one of his close family, to ease his worried mind. "They're only fifteen," he muttered.

"The same age you showed grandfather that you can run your own clubs."

"You got me there. What states are they in now?" he asked. Head low he nervously ran his hand through his now greying hair, thinking of how his wife will take the news.

"Florida and California."

"How is the tension there?"

"Neutralized. They were the first to get everything back in order. They are in constant contact with cops and feds, helping with cases that needed outside help and keeping an eye on the area. They're doing everything you've taught them father and now they wish to give back to you, the seal," Lucifer replied with a smile of pride on his face.