24.

The next morning was considered 'the morning after' for more than one person. For Lucifer, he didn't know what Amara's state of mind was at the moment. Though they slept in the same bed, he felt the tension in the body as he held her. When he entered the room before they turned in for the night, he saw her red eyes and tear-streaked cheeks. He wanted to comfort her and reassure her that it was all going to work out, but he couldn't say it though. Eros was personally searching, and his initial findings weren't looking good. Money trails were leading to nowhere, their unexplained moves from state to state, no registered job portfolio, and no booked flights on any airlines or any travel agency documents. Lucifer feared his brother's deeper findings. He loved Amara with all he had to give, but somehow he knew that he might lose her with whatever information they may find.
His Ami believed in safeguarding not only herself but those around her. With him telling her why delving into her mother and new husband's background, she will find a way to keep them away from him. That was one of the reason's why he loved her. She fiercely protects the ones she loves. 

"But to what extent?" he whispered to himself in the mirror. 

It was a bit late by his standards in the morning, and he wasn't surprised to see Amara's side empty when he woke. The brief note she left told him a lot. She wanted some alone time but wasn't pulling away. She needed to process things her way. He wasn't upset; he understood. The text he sent her relayed his feelings and understanding, allowing her to have the day to herself at school and however long she wanted. He will wait. 
Marcelle and Druex were notified to back off during school hours but were to stay by her side when she left the school's security. 
He still wasn't taking any chances.

Looking himself over in the mirror, he passed his hand over the black vest that was positioned neatly over his dark green dress shirt and tugged at the black-tie tucked under the buttoned vest. He smiled, brushing the pressed slacks his mother left for him in the closer, then reached for his gun holster. He wore his hair loose, which he has been doing since he began seeing Amara; he loved it when she runs her fingers through it upon impulse. Lucifer loved her touches, and he was proud to admit that. Shrugging on the black jacket, he gave himself a once over before leaving the room with his devices.
Entering the kitchen, his parents were in the middle of breakfast with a worried Ares coming in from the backyard.

"What is it?" Lucifer asked, knowing his little brother's expressions clearly. Their parents looked up from their private conversation to join the brothers' started conversation. 

"I need to head back to Florida. My boys sent some footage of an incident on the outskirts of my borders. None too serious but suspicious after I reclaimed our old territories," he said, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"You should. I know you're on the fence about doing so because we just got back, but this is what we do, who we are. It's okay, my little war god," Arianna said, giving him a reassuring smile. Ares carefully hugged her from behind her seat and gave her a tight hug with his free arm. "Thank you, mama."

"Sit. We need to talk to you boys before some crap surfaces again," Raizon grumbled, typing furiously on his laptop. They watched on as their mother got a serving of a breakfast crepe from her plate and offered it to him. Their father ate what she offered and blindly pecked her lips, still focused on the laptop. Lucifer glanced at Ares, who gestured to their mother's plate. He smiled behind his own cup of coffee when he realized it was one plate they were sharing. Basically, their mother made sure their father ate while he was busy with whatever had him extremely busy. They were both intuned with each other that the scene before him was something natural in the household.

"Thank you, kitten," Raizon said to his wife. He turned to his sons, giving them a firm nod of greeting before video calling the last of his sons. It wasn't long before Eros answered.