32.

Boston

"Thank you, sir. We're grateful for this alliance."

Lucifer gave the two men standing before him a terse nod and the approval to leave his office. It has been a tiring three days. Since he returned to Boston, stepping foot in his home seems like a dream. Outing fires around the territories and helping the cops keep things quiet was tiring; now that the last gang stepped forward for an alliance left, the exhaustion was showing itself. It was his turn now. The remodeled warehouse that was once his father's office was now his. Possession has been signed over as Gregforth's body became stiff with his death. Everything there was his. 
The reality was catching up with him; he was now the head of the family. He knew that this day would come for years, but it was surreal for it to be actually happening. It was like that for his cousins also; they were made bosses of soldiers older than them and gangs looking to them for protection in a matter of hours. The three-day deadline was now understood. Raizon gave them three days to get a hold of the situation and allow them to make their own path in the family business. 
For Lucifer, he realized that he could never reach the level of authority and respect his father once held, but he can help. So he decided to have two persons at his side, his trust for one is close to a brother's while the other is now like a friend. In due time he will let them know. As for the others, he had full confidence in them, just like their parents. 

Ares and Eros now had their own chapter under the empire in their respective states; they will make their own rules but still abide by the code their forefathers left. Knowing they can handle it, he left word for them to check in with him when they have time simply. 

Decisions will be made for the Valdez brothers, but in his perspective, Lucifer knew the outcome of that. It will surely change the South America factor. Those two will bring back the fear in double doses when they establish themselves.

Dominique has time to step up, knowing her father; he will hold out until she demands that he retires. But, if he has to judge by her current situation, she will help her father with running things while understanding the meaning of being in a relationship with someone so devoted to her.

Roman. 
Well, Roman is Roman. Being the next pakhan is basically his dream job. Plans he wishes to make the family grow were welcomed by his father. Everyone in their circle knew the next step he will take is helping the woman he fell for heal. It will take some time, but the Russian had enough patience like a saint.

As for Nico, he's considering the next few years as on-the-job training. During their idle talks to keep each other moving, he mentioned attending school physically and doing more jobs away from his office. It was a shocker to them all. The wild foul-mouthed teen online friends come to know is actually a very introverted kid. Meeting new people in a free environment will be hard on him. All his life, his family always creates a controlled environment for him, and his guards know how to keep him agitation-free whenever he leaves the house. Attending a public school will be a great test for him, but Nico reassured them that he would be fine, but they can't help but worry. He is the youngest of them, after all.

"Young master, was that the last appointment?" 

Standing outside the office with the door partially opened, his father's secondary driver, along with Lucifer's present driver, both waited for his answer. This was a new condition applied to each child of the five families. A bodyguard and a driver will always be present in the vehicle they chose for the day. A two-car envoy with guards of their choice, and they all must be armed at all times. Though Dominion has been dismantled, new threats can appear, whether it's part of the mafia world or the society they now have to grow in. Greed and envy walk hand in hand; it won't hurt to be cautious.