19.

Standing before the large monitor which had the visual of his family video conference, Lucifer was trying not to be pissed off at the moment. His father was pacing his office in Japan, his mother was rubbing her temple in irritation at their family home in France and the twins wore identical annoyed expressions as they leaned against their desk. The two still mimicked each other's actions even if they were miles apart. 

"He has been tailing me for the past two days. I've given the orders to let him be but the stupid cocksucker has found a way to question my teachers, the staff at the restaurants and even went as far as approaching a few members from the company."

"Has he approached the gates?" Arianna asked. You can hear the annoyance and tiredness in her voice. Each male wore a worried frown upon hearing her voice. 

"No, he hasn't" Lucifer answered.

"Mama. You can go rest, its okay. We're fine. Nolan isn't a real threat, he's more like a mosquito we can't kill," Eros relayed after.

"And he means that in the literal sense too," Ares muttered. That gained them all a small chuckle from her. She heaved a sigh and finally looked at them. 

"Kitten?" Raizon called out. He understood why she was distant at the moment. It will be Friday in a few hours stateside and a very important day for their little angel. They promised her that they will be in the bleachers cheering her on for her gymnastics tryouts. She informed them with so much excitement that parents and guardians were allowed.
He also knew why she was emotional, he too felt her hidden pain. They all hated it when it does happen, they feel responsible for the outcome.

"I'm okay, baby. Lucifer?"

"Yes, mama," he eagerly answered.

"Jeannie's tryouts are at 4pm tomorrow..."

"I'll be there," he quickly answered. Relief was seen on her face and body but her dark brown eyes said different. Ares stepped away from his desk and walked closer to his monitor. His twin did the same. "Mama, what's wrong?" he asked worriedly. 
Arianna found herself giving into the sadness and anger she has been feeling for the past few hours since the news reached her. 
"I miss you guys so much. This is the longest we've been away from you guys. Not to mention you all are not in the same state. I just need..." 

"Ari. Let me take over. I'll tell them. Go take a rest. Please, kitten," Raizon pleaded. Arianna gave into the tears that were blurring her vision. Husband and sons watched on helplessly as the woman who was their world broke down before them. 

"He killed them. That fucker killed them. I begged her not to go back but he made her believe that he changed. S-She... God... I can't.. I..." They watched on as Arianna broke down before rushing out of her office. The boys turned to their father who was pacing the floor while sending a text to someone, probably Angel. They waited patiently until he was finished. 
Raizon threw his phone onto his desk and ran his hands frustratedly through his greyish brown hair. 
"Two months ago a new case came in to Angels Haven, New York. The situation warranted an extraction, your mother sent Michael and five of Black Hawk soldiers to the location. The woman who called in was abused for years by her controlling husband. She decided to call when he turned his abuse on their oldest daughter. They were able to remove the mother and two kids from the home. Ari was in New York for everything. She personally handled the case and went through protocol. What we didn't count on was for the woman to reach out to her husband. He fed her the story of going into counselling and the sob story of still being hurt by his own father's abuse. Ignoring your mother's pleas, she took her kids and returned home." Raizon stopped and took a deep breath, his arms tightly folded showing the boys that the outcome of the woman's return was not good.