Chapter 19

Loosing people, no matter how, is hard. It takes over your mind and heart like a big black hole, one with endless questions of the "what if's" and the need to know just where things had gone wrong. Liza knew this feeling all to well. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza had been up all night, racked with guilt and tears as she heard her cousin cry for the girl he once loved. She couldn't help but think that this was all her fault, how Jeremy lost yet another person and how Matt lost his sister. She knew it couldn't have been avoided, Vicki had lost control and had tried to kill Elena, pushing an already protective Liza over the edge. She was wrapped in her thoughts, staring at her reflection in her bedroom mirror, until she heard Elena from downstairs. "Come on guys, going to school. Walking out the door now."

With that Liza grabbed her bag and headed for the stairs, putting on a fake smile for those who cared. She knew it wasn't right to hide her emotions but she also knew that none of them could relate to how she was feeling, no one in her household anyways. What she needed was to talk to Stefan, her best friend, who knew this feeling of guilt all to well.

Just as she reached the bottom step of the stairs, Elena opened the front door, revealing the one and only John Gilbert, Elena and Jeremy's uncle from their fathers side, who she had heard, was a major dick. Noting the fake enthusiasm in Elena's voice, Liza tried to hold in her laugh, knowing this was not a good thing. He then greeted her mother, who was not even trying to be welcoming, which only made Liza try to hold in even more laughter. "Jon, you made it."

"I said I was gonna be in by noon?" Jenna then put her hands on her hips and tilted her head, a sign Liza knew meant that she was annoyed already. "Yes  but what you say and what you do are typically two different things." Jeremy took that time to make his appearance, Liza looking at him with a small smile as he walked out the door after greeting the older man. Liza decided to join him in waiting outside for Elena, as a way to let the burnette make a quicker get away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school day had pretty much been as boring as it could possibly get, even for a banshee. Lucky for her their was no supernatural occurrences or someone dying for her to save, but still she couldn't really focus on her work, not that she needed to. Her mind was on Jeremy, Tyler, and Matt, the three people who she has unknowingly hurt the most. She didn't know if they would ever speak to her again if they ever found out about what she had done, but she knew that she would make the most of her current time with them. However that would have to wait till later. 

Sitting on a desk near Elena in Alaric's room after the end of the school day, he pulled out a report that Jeremy had apparently written. "Jeremy wrote this?" The paper's title was clear as day 'Fact or Fiction: The Truth about Vampires in Mystic Falls' Elena looked at Liza with worry in her eye as Liza looked up at their teacher. "He's very clear that he didn't think it was real." Liza stood from her desk and started passing, running her hands through her hair. She looked to Elena as she spoke "I really hope you're right, because we've done so much to protect him from all this." Liza put her hand on her cousin's shoulder and gave a little squeeze, showing her comfort. 

Alaric looked between the two sighing, "So how do you deal with it?" Elena furrowed her eyebrows at the man, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, with all the lies and the secrets. You have to Lie to everyone who's important to you." Liza looked at him before answering, "It's not safe for them to know the truth. So yes, we keep it from them, but only because we love them." Alaric nodded before standing up going around his desk. "I uh, I think Stefan's a good guy, but at the end of the day, he's still a vampire." Liza squinted her eyes at him, noting the underlying threat before Elena answered him. "I know it's hard to understand, but Stefan's different. He would never do anything to hurt me, Or Liza."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got home that evening, Liza decided to just hang out in her room while Elena spilled the details to Stefan. It's not that she didn't want to see him , but her need to be alone was much greater. Deciding that she was past due, she started with a meditation session, starting the night off with ease. She knew that she could always do it tomorrow while everyone else was at the party she wanted no part in, but she knew it was needed tonight. Having been through a lot the last few days and the news she received today about Jeremy, she really didn't want to put it off another day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deciding to skip the party was apparently a very good idea, as it appears Stefan almost drank someone dry according to Elena, who was busy scolding Stefan in the room next to hers. Liza enjoyed a nice evening in drinking some soda and eating her favorite snack while watching her favorite show, but apparently everyone else was running around like chickens with their heads cut off. She chuckled as she thought of all the things she'll hear about tomorrow, but for now, she was gonna continue her show and enjoy her peaceful night. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Guys! It has been a while. I'm so sorry I kept y'all waiting, but I'm back now and I can't wait to dive into Liza's crazy life again. I know it's a short one but I'll make it up to you. Enjoy!

~Sami