Chapter 12~ Part 1

When Liza had stopped seizing Damon was the one to give her blood, tears almost falling, scared for the little banshee in front of him. Stefan had never seen Damon act like this, at least not in the last 145 years. It was clear to Stefan that Damon cared for the red head, not in the way he cared for Katherine once before, but almost the same. It was clear to both the Salvatore's that the other cared for Liza, in different ways. At the moment their eyes met over Damon's shoulder, they made a silent agreement, no words needing to be spoken, for they already understood that the two of them, would go to the end of the earth for the girl with red hair.

Stefan was quick to call Elena and Bonnie, making it known to them just what occurred and that she would need to be watched for a few more days. Elena and Bonnie agreed to keep an eye on her, searching for anything unusual, before letting Stefan know they were coming to check on her. When they arrived and saw the state of the red head, still unconscious and pale, they let out a quick and worried breath. For as long as Elena can remember, Liza was never one to get sick. Always preppy and excited, even at the smallest things, seeing her so pale and sickly, made Elena shed a few tears in fear. She could not lose her cousin, for Liza was her rock, the only thing that kept her going at the worst of times. She was her best friend, even over the burnette beside her. Bonnie was scared, no denying it, for she too had shed a few tears for the banshee in the bed. She has only known Liza for a short while, but already, she could not imagine a life without her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza woke up in the middle of night in an unfamiliar room, and in pain. The last thing she remembered was the voices, screaming at her so loud that all her senses all but shut off, leaving her to only feel a burning pain and see nothing but the blackness behind her eye lids. As she sat up in the bed and looked around the room she saw not only Elena and Bonnie passed out on some chairs by the side of the bed, but she also realized she was in the Salvatore house. "Elena? Bonnie?" When they simply stirred she realized they must have been exhausted before falling asleep, leaving them in a deep slumber. She went to get out of the bed, gasping at how cold she was once she took off the covers. It was obvious to her that she had been in bed quite a while, especially with the way her throat burned and stomach rumbled, desperate to be nourished.

She made her way out of the room as quietly as she could, not wanting to wake the other two girls. She walked down the steps, making her way to the kitchen, desperate to find some form of food. When she reached the kitchen however, she did not expect Damon to already be there, making pancakes of all things, her favorite. "Damon?" Her voice was hoarse and breaking as she said his name, causing him to turn around and smile at her, one filled with sympathy and calmness, "Hey there, little banshee" Liza looked at him weirdly, astounded by the fact that he was not only cooking for her, but also not being a total ass. "I feel like I was hit by a train, what happened?" Damon shot her a quick glance and smirk before going back to cooking as Liza sat down at the table. "I'm not entirely sure, but we think that you could have unlocked the rest of your abilities by going so close to the tomb." "Oh." Damon sat a plate down in front of her before handing her a glass of water, "Eat up" Liza nodded and took a bite of the food in front of her before looking up at the blue eyed man in front of her, "Damon, why are you being nice to me?" Damon looked at her, "I'm doing this for Stefan, he sees you as a sister of sorts. Don't expect something like this again." Liza nodded, taking in his words as he walked out of the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Liza went back to her room that night after getting a very stern talk from Stefan about taking it easy the next couple of days, she was not expecting to be bombarded with hugs from not just Elena, but Bonnie as well. She figured they had been worried, but she clearly underestimated the amount of fear she had placed in them. When it was clear they were not letting her go for some time, she melted into their arms and smiled. She knew she was loved, but until this moment, she didn't really know how much.