Chapter 6

When Stefan didn't answer and simply looked at the girls in shock of them being there, Elena repeated her question. "What are you?" Stefan took a second to process the fact that they had found out. He didn't want them to find out, at least not from anyone but him. "You know." The way he said it confuse Liza, it was almost as if he regretted them knowing. "No, I don't." "Yes you do, or you wouldn't be here." Elena shook her head and Liza took a step away from her, seeing that Stefan wasn't a threat. "It's not possible, it can't be." Stefan looked at Elena with desperation as he sets down the stake. "Everything either of you know and every belief you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" Liza looked to the ground as she contemplated his question. Elena however, needed the answer now. So once more, with more force, she asked, "What are you?" Liza took a breath, knowing that his answer is about to change everything. 

"I'm a Vampire." Liza sucked in a breath as Elena was frozen for a second. "We shouldn't have come." Liza looked at her cousin, knowing she wasn't gonna take this well. Stefen took a step towards her in hopes to calm her down and explain things. "No. Please." He was desperate to explain things to Elena, he needed her to hear him out. So when she grabbed her cousins wrist and started running to her car, Stefan sped infront of her, "How did you do that?" "Please don't be afraid of me." Elena tried to move around him as she kept a tight grip on her cousin, "Let me go." Stefan moved in front of her, "Elena, please, there are thing you have to know and understand." She moved past him and ran to her car as Liza moved to the passenger side. Liza was still in a bit of shock, knowing that there were thing out there, things like vampires, sent shivers down her spine. She knew that she wasn't exactly normal herself, but knowing that hings other than humans existed, only made her question herself more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They finally reached home and all but ran up to Elena's room. Liza sat on the bed, looking at her hands as Elena checked on Jeremy, and when she came back, she threw herself on the bed as well, kicking off her shoes.  Elena stood up and started pacing her room when, out of no where Stefan called out there names. "Elena, Liza." Liza shot up from the bed as Elena turned around quickly, both gasping, not expecting him to be in Elena's room.  Elena ran to the door and tried to open it as Liza was stuck in place. Stefan quickly forced the door closed, "I would never hurt you. You're safe with me." Elena was breathing heavily while trying work up the courage to turn and face him. Liza simply stared at them, scared but more in shock than anything else. "All those animal attacks? The people who died?" Stefan quickly answered her, "No that was Damon." Liza came out of her shock almost as soon as he said Damon's name. "Damon?" Stefan looked at Liza, noticing how she wasn't her usual confident self. "Yes." He looked back at Elena, "I don't drink human blood. That's not how I choose to survive but Damon does. I'll explain everything to you, but I beg you, Elena, Liza, Do not tell anybody." Elena looked at him with tears in her eyes, very clearly still afraid of him, "How can you ask me that?" "Because knowing this is dangerous, for so many reasons. You can hate me, but I need you both to trust me." Elena looked at Liza for second, taking in how scared she was, "Just go. Please, go. If you mean us no harm then you'll go." Elena looked at him, desperation in her eyes as she looked back at her cousin. He looked between the girls, looking Elena in the eyes "I never wanted this." Stefan backed away and Elena turned to open the door, when she did, she turned around quickly when she heard Liza gasp, seeing Stefan no longer in her room. She rushed to close the window, and then went over to her cousin to hold her till she calmed down, as the red head was obviously shaken. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After hardly sleeping the night before, Liza wasn't so sure she wanted to get out of bed. Elena had stopped in earlier and expalined how she was meeting Stefan at the grille to get some answers and asked if she wanted to join. Obviously, she denied, her cousin would fill her in later. She desperatly wanted to make sense of things, wanted to have some sort of normalcy for one day before she accepted this new life she was about to step into. So thats what she did, she slept some more and had a nice breakfast.