Chapter 18

When you have a choice to make, who's to say which one is the right one. You could go left and face little obstacles, a clear path with no surprises and no consequences, or you could go right, an unmarked path with surprises around every corner and unknown destinations and consequences ahead. When life throws you a curve ball, do you hit it or take a strike? Liza wasn't sure what to do at this moment, did she stay with her cousin by the car where its safe and where everyone wants her to, or does she do what she was born to do and go into the house, kill a few vampires, maybe more, and save her friend? Knowing the more vampires she killed the more guilt will eat her away, but if she doesn't, they could easily kill Stefan, Alaric, even Damon. She was at a crossroads right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The four of them were gathered around the teachers desk as he pulled out his weapons. "Teacher by day, vampire hunter by night." Elena looked down at the weapons mesmerized as Liza simply smirked at how small his immediate stash was, hers was in the trunk of her car, and much bigger. She got the idea from her favorite tv show. "I've you to thank for that." Elena looked up at the teacher as she asked him what things were, "What are these?" Liza and Alaric answered her at the same time "Those are tranquilizer darts filled with vervain." The others in the room, including the teacher, all looked at the redhead confused, "What? I can smell it from here, super senses and all." The teacher looked at her puzzled "Oh right, never actually told you what I was huh? Well not a vampire, but not human, I'm what you call a banshee. It's a little complicated to explain." "Right. Just get me in and I'll get Stefan out." Liza looked at her cousin and then to Damon, "That's your plan? You're just gonna take them all on yourself when you have a perfectly good vampire hunter, and a banshee to help?" "Well I'll be a little stealthier than that hopefully." Elena sighed as she picked up one of the vervain darts, making the others look at her in question "Whoa what are you doing?" Liza went to take the dart out of her hands as Elena responded "I'm coming with you guys." Liza shook her head as Damon voiced his disagreement, "No. No, no, no, no way" Elena fought them on the matter, as usual, "You need me, I'll get in, you could distract them and then I'll get Stefan out." Liza shook her head as she disagreed, it was too risky, they'd smell her the instant she stepped foot in the house. "You'll get yourself killed 'Lena, you're not going in there." "I'm going" Damon ignored her as he turned to the teacher, "So when you get me in, get out as quickly as you can. I know how to sneak around where they can't hear me. You'll basically just be in the way." Liza looked at Damon, "What about me?" He looked at her, "What about you?" Liza scoffed, "You can't bench your star player in the middle of the game Damon, I'm going in." Knowing he couldn't win against her, he simply sighed and turned to her "Just don't get killed, do whatever you feel is necessary." Liza smiled in triumph. Elena huffed, "Damon no is not the time for a tag team" Damon sighed yet again, "Fine, Elena, You can drive the get away car. You're not going in the house." "You can't stop me,  It's Stefan we're talking about here, you don't understand." "Oh I understand. I understand. He's the reason you live, his love lifts you up where you belong. I get it." Liza rolled her eyes at his childish antics, "Can you just not joke around for 2 seconds?" "I can't protect you Elena, I don't know how many vampires there are in there. That's how long it take you to get your head ripped off." Snapping his fingers for dramatic effect at the end, Liza knew he also wasn't joking. "I have to able to get in and get out and I can't be distracted with your safety on top of Liza's. Or this ill end in a bloodbath that none of us will walk away from. Including Stefan."  He looked to Liza before he looked back at Elena, "I know, I get it. I understand." Alaric decided to break up the tension "If we're gonna go, lets go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two supernatural's were waiting by the back door, waiting for Alaric to get Ms. Gibbons out of the house. He finally opened the door and Liza walked in while Damon snapped her neck, "Damon!" The banshee just rolled her eyes, knowing she should have expected this. She simply let her banshee eyes come forward and decided to keep watch as the other two argued. Knowing they were gonna get them caught she finally looked at them "Would you two shut up or were all gonna be dead." The teacher looked at her in shock as he saw her eyes for the first time, not expecting sweet little Liza to look like a demon. Damon looked back at the teacher "Now get out of here, and get rid of the body."