Chapter 7

Liza looked at Stefan and Damon, questions running through her mind, "What the fuck just happened?" Stefan looked at her with sympathy before Damon answered her, "You were shot, I fed you my blood, you healed, then you screamed." Liza looked at him with a deadpan expression before picking up a rock next to her and throwing it at him. "Ha ha very funny." Damon laughed at her and dodged the rock. "Right, now then. What the hell is a Banshee, and where did Vicki go? Also, is he dead?" As she said that last bit she pointed at Logan's body, "Yes he's dead, Vicki ran off, and as for that last bit, we'll discuss that later, as for right now, we need to leave." Stefan got up and then proceeded to help Liza up as well. Damon was already gone by the time she was standing, so she looked at Stefan, "What about him?" She looked at Logan's body and had to look away quickly, she's never seen a dead body before. "I'll take car of it, come on, we gotta get you home." Liza nodded and let him pick her up as he sped to her house. Within in seconds they were on her front porch and Liza quickly went up and tried to go in before Elena could notice, but she failed.

"Oh my god, Liza what happened?" Elena was shell shocked at her cousins apperance, and her eyes widened at the sight of all the blood. "I'm fine Elena, I just really want to go in and take a shower." Elena nodded and in Liza went, up the stairs and into her room to grab her things. She went to the bathroom and locked the doors, turning on the hotwater. As she stripped down she couldn't help but look at the blood covering her stomach from the bullet hole that use to be there. She snapped herself out of her daze and got into the shower, and watched as the blood went down the drain. She couldn't stop the tears from flowing out at that point, so she let herself feel everything she had been supressing the past five months. The loss of her family, the nightmares, the grief, and then almost dying tonight. She sat on the floor of the shower and just let it all out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about three days later when Liza decided to skip school that morning and head to the Salvatore house, she wanted answers and the only person willing to give them to her wasn't showing up to school. So here she was, climbing out of her car and walking up the driveway when Damon opened the door and smiled at the girl. She lloked at him with a glare before going upstaires and into Stefans room. "Hello Steffy, Vicki," She then turned to the doorway knowing he was there, "Damon. I need one of you to give me answers and I am not leaving till I get them. So Spill." Damon looked at Stefan and smirked, "That is all you Steffy." Stefan glared at his brother before turning the red head while Vicki simply chuckled, finding the whole thing amusing. "What is it you wanna know, Liza?" Liza smiled at him, "Well first thing I wanna know, what the hell is a banshee?"

Stefan sighed, knowing this was gonna be a long day, so he motioned for the red head to sit. "A banshee is a supernatural creature. To sum it up they scream when someone dies and protect humans from Supernatural creatures. Humans can't hear your banshee scream, its specific to the supernatural because its more painful for us, but it could easily kill a human. If a banshee develops their powers enough though, they can use their scream as a weapon, triggering it whenever they want. The downside to their abbilities however, is that they have these voices in their head, most of the time, it drives them insane." Liza took it all in, sitting there for a few minutes. "So you're saying, I'm one of these banshee's?" Damon answered her this time, "Yup. and the last." Lizza whipped her head around to look at him, "I'm sorry, the last? As in the rest are dead?" "Mhm, lucky for you though, Stefan here has had a fascination with them for a long time, so he knows how to train you." Liza looked at Stefan as he nodded and she sent him a grateful smile. "Ok, well I need to get to school before I miss anymore, I have a feeling I'll be missing plenty the next two years."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza was with Bonnie at her locker when Caroline came up to them, "I have got your costume's. It's all here." Liza turned to face the blonde, smiling at her, "Thank god, because I totally forgot it was Halloween till I came into school this morning." Caroline and Bonnie chuckled at the red head as the blonde handed them their bags. Bonnie and Liza opened their bags to look inside, both scoffing, one out of annoyance, one out of humor. Liza couldn't help the laugh that escaped her as she saw the Little red riding hood costume in the bag, "Thanks Care, I'm positive I'll love it." Liza smiled and hugged the blonde. Bonnie however was not that into her costume, "Seriously?" Caroline leaned against the locker, "Come on! Can someone other than Liza and myself please be excited it's Halloween? I just wanna have fun. You know, just some silly, fluffy, Damon free fun." "Amen Sister." Caroline smiled at the red head as she raised her hand in fake preach. Bonnie then pulled an amulet out of the bag, "Hey, isn't this the one you got from Damon?" Liza looked at the amulet and she heard what sounded like whispers coming from it. "Yup, wear it, toss it, I don't care. I just want it gone." Liza and Bonnie smiled at their friend, before said blonde changed the subject. "Hey have you seen Elena? Do we know what she's wearing?" Liza shook her head, "I haven't seen her since I left this morning. Bonnie?" Bonnie shook her head, "I was with grams all weekend, I haven't talked to her. Maybe she's with Stefan." Liza shrugged while Caroline replied, "Riding to his castle on his white horse?" Liza looked at her blonde friend with a deadpanned expression, "Don't be bitter, it provokes wrinkles." The three friends then made their way to class as the bell rang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was latter that night when Liza was hanging out at the Halloween party with Bonnie, and Caroline. Tyler walked up to them and offered some drinks to them, "Cider for the ladies? Lockwood special." Bonnie quickly denied, "No way, I was hungover until thanksgiving." Liza laughed at Bonnie's lightweight as did Caroline, "I am going to drink until someone is hot enough to make out with." Liza smirked at her as Tyler replied, ""Sounds like a plan," He then turned to red head, "What about you little red?" Liza smiled at him and took a cup, "Just tell me if you see my mom." Tyler and Caroline smirked at her while Bonnie laughed, "You got it riding hood."

It was about twenty minutes later and Liza still wasn't drunk, she knew she had a high tolerance, but this was something else, almost like something wasn't letting her. It started with whispers, that is how she knew what was coming. So she came up with a simple lie of going to the bathroom her friends seemed to believe before making her way through the school. She managed to find Elena, who informed her that Vicki was there and looking for Jeremy. That was when she started to worry, making her way through the halls and searching for them with her cousin. She felt a pull, almost like that second nature thing again, telling her to go the buses. So she made a b-line, getting there just in time to see Jeremy push Vicki away. "Jeremy, go." Vicki turned to face her, vamped out, and Liza surprised herself with not being scared. Vicki then sped to Jeremy, forcing him into the bus as Liza advanced on them. Elena came running out, grabbing a piece of wood on the way. "Vicki No!" That was when Liza pulled on Vicki, who pushed her into the bus and sped towards Elena, throwing her through the air. Stefan decided that now would be a good time to show up and pushed Vicki into one of the buses holding her there till she managed to push him away and sped under the bus. 

Liza then joined him over by Elena, "Go, get inside." Liza was quick to grab Elena and Jeremy, all three running towards the door. When they got it open, Jeremy and Liza were pushed down, Vicki quickly grabbing Elena and biting her. Before anyone could tell however, Liza was somehow holding a giant piece of wood, with the pointed end going through Vicki's heart. When Vicki let go of Elena, Liza was quick to pull it out, gasping as she did, almost as if waking up from a daze. Elena looked at her cousin with wide eyes and shock, Jeremy screamed Vicki's name, and Stefan looked at Liza solemnly, knowing this was going to tear the red head up. She may be a protector of humans, but she herself was still a little human. 

Liza dropped the stake in her hands and looked at the scene in front of her in shock, almost like she hadn't been there, like she hadn't caused it in the first place. "Oh my god." Liza backed away from the steak, shaking her head as tears started streaming down her face. She dropped to her knees, looking at her hands and crying, saying the same thing over and over again, "I killed her, I killed her." Elena looked at her cousin and back to Stefan, "Get him out of here." Stefan then looked at the red head and proceeded to call someone to come help the pair in the parking lot with a dead body as he was leading Jeremy away. Elena then walked over to her cousin, wrapping her in her arms, petting her hair in a soothing way as the red head proceeded to break down in her arms.

Some minutes later after Liza had stopped crying, Damon walked up the pair. "You should go, I got this." As Elena stood up and confronted Damon, Liza was still on the floor in shock. "You did this. This is your fault." "You confuse me with someone with remorse." Liza then blocked them out as Elena proceeded to push Damon, ignoring the rest of their conversation and actions. It was only when Elena proceeded to take the red heads hands did she snap out of her daze, letting Elena drag her out of the bus parking lot. They were walking through the courtyard to the car when they heard Matt calling out their names. Liza froze and started shaking, quickly pulling her hand out of Elena's and all but running to the car, leaving Elena to speak to the boy whose sister she just killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza was sitting in her room, on the floor by the end of her bed when Stefan came in. He knew the banshee well enough by now to know that this would haunt her for the rest of her days. He sat next to her on the floor and let her lean her head on his shoulder, letting her cry. And that was how they stayed the rest of the night, Liza crying, grieving the girl she had killed, and the innocence she had lost. Stefan letting her lean on him, and comforting her in the only way he knew how, by simply being there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy crap. I did not plan to have Liza be the one to kill Vicki, but I got to that part and I just knew that had to be the case. Obviously my girl is gonna take this hard, and she's gonna carry this with her for a long time. My poor baby. She's so soft on the inside.

~Sami