Chapter 4

When Liza woke up in her car, she was confused. She couldn't quite remember how she got there, or what happened after she passed out in the hallway. All she knew, was that she woke up in her car in the school parking lot, and no idea how she got there. She also couldn't quite figure out what happened in the hallway. Why did she pass out? What happened to the lights, the windows, the lockers? Did she cause it, and if she did, how?

So when she got home later that night, avoiding Elena's constant questions about where she was or what happened to her at the game, she simply went straight to bed. She couldn't wrap her head around anything that night, and she was exhausted. Elena, however, was worried. She didn't know where her cousin was between her storming off to find Damon and Tanners body being discovered by Matt. She knew that her cousin wasn't feeling well that night, and simply wanted to make sure she was ok. Elena simply sighed as her cousin stayed quiet and went to bed, but she knew it was a rough night for everyone involved, so she simply went to bed herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza, despite her wanting to sleep in, woke up early in the morning. She knew she wasn't gonna fall back asleep so she made her way down the steps and into the kitchen as her mother was calling the news guy on the television different forms of the word "scum." She simply gave Elena a look that said "Don't ask me" and proceeded to get herself some coffee, all the while eavesdropping on bits of the conversation. She tuned out when Jenna said the name Logan 'Scum' Fell, already knowing the story behind it. She was in a daze, thinking about the night before last again, so she missed the whole scene between her cousins. Normally she would be either laughing at them or making some sort of sarcastic remark, but no one really noticed as the doorbell rang. Elena went and got the door, and in came Stefan. Elena and her boyfriend disappeared up the stairs and Liza spent the rest of the morning hiding in her room or hanging around her mother, but still very quiet. Jenna knew something was up with her daughter, she wasn't a clingy girl, not even when she was a child, only really staying this close to her mother when something was wrong. However Jenna also knew that her daughter would talk to either her or Elena about it when she was ready, and pushing her to open up about it would only make her shut them out. She knew her daughter well, and Liza was grateful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza was getting ready with Bonnie and Elena for the Founders Party. Then the phone rang and Elena answered it and more family drama unfolded before her very eyes. Apparently Jeremy took a watch that was technically supposed to be his, but that her Aunt Miranda had promised to loan to the Lockwoods for their little display. All very dramatic, but Liza did always love a little drama in her life. Now it was up to Elena whether she was gonna give Jeremy what was rightfully his, or keep her mothers promise. Liza would let her cousin decide what to do, she had her own demons to play with. Like what dress to where for this stupid party.

She decided on a dark red off-shoulder knee length dress with a pair of black pumps. It was the easiest she could come up with in a last minute decision. She had just finished fixing her hair into her natural waves when Elena came into the bathroom and grabbed the pocket watch she had set on the counter. Liza knew Elena would give it to Jeremy and lie to Mrs. Lockwood, her cousin wasn't heartless. So she simply sent Elena a proud smile and walked out of the bathroom, heading downstairs and out the door to her car to make her way to the infamous Lockwood mansion she heard so much about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was greeted by The Mayor at the door, introducing herself to her new friends father. For the majority of the night, it seemed that everyone in town had heard about the young redhead, most people taking the time to introduce themselves. Liza quickly realized how small of a town it actually was, more than half of them already knowing her name. It was when she found Matt that she let out a breath of relief, happy to see a familiar face for once.