Prologue

When Jenna Sommers went to tell her daughter Liza that her Aunt and Uncle she had loved dearly had passed, she never expected to already find her broken on the floor with tears streaming down her face. She quickly collected the girl in her arms and rocked her back and forth in a way only a mother knew how. She didn't question how she already knew, she simply assumed she had overheard her conversation on the phone.

Liza Sommers knew the moment it happened. She knew that her Aunt and Uncle passed the second their hearts stopped, and she screamed, but her mother didn't hear it. All her life Liza knew when someone had either died, or was about to die. She knew that it wasn't normal, but she couldn't help it. She simply took it as it came, and grieved later when she was alone.

Flash forward 4 months after moving to Mystic Falls and Liza is finally starting to feel at home in the new house with her cousins, grieving away from them, knowing they needed her to be strong. She made a few friends that she already holds dear and is currently starting her Junior year along side her cousin Elena. When people start to turn up dead from mysterious animal attacks and she starts to have a few more questions than answers about her growing abilities, she turns to the only people her cousin seems to think will have answers. She ends up with one question remaining. Will she survive?

I unfortunately do not in fact own the vampire diaries. However I do own Liza and her own little storyline and I will fight for her. I urge you to heed this warning.