Chapter 14

Stefan had called out her cousins name, causing Liza to quickly emerge from her room. "Stefan? What's wrong?" She noticed his panic state, making her grab his arms in an effort to calm him down. "Stefan, Stefan look at me. What's wrong?"

He looked at her and prepared himself for what he had to tell her, knowing that she would not take the news lightly. "It's Elena, Anna took her." Then she was moving, eyes once again unhuman like, going faster than the average human, causing Stefan to go after her as they set out to find the human they both cared very deeply for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had been searching all night, they had searched every street, every nook and cranny they had access to. Deciding they needed the extra help, they went to the Salvatore house in search of the only person they could think of. Liza was not too happy with him, despite the fact that she harbored feeling for the vampire, he did threaten to kill her. "Anna took Elena." Damon heard her, yet did not look up from the grimoire. "Yup, got that from the 600 voicemails you both left." "Damon, please. She's my family." Damon continued to read the book, "I'm sure she's fine, you'll see her again." Liza turned around, she couldn't look at him right now, not when she wasn't in control. All night long, her eyes stayed the same, not once giving even a flicker of going back to normal. Stefan looked from Liza to Damon, sitting in front of the man on the opposite couch before begging him for help. "Please, just tell me what you know, You were with Anna, you must know where she is. Just tell me where I can find her." Damon looked up from his book, looking at Stefan, "Nope. You can go, really." Liza turned to glare at him, making her eyes seem even creepier than they already were. Stefan took a breath in before speaking to his brother, "You know, all I can remember is hating you, there might have been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased anything good about you. But see, I also know that you have just as much reason to hate me. This all began with me. Katherine got taken away from you because of me." Liza looked at Stefan in shock, not knowing that piece of information. "And I'm sorry." Damon looked up at his brother, making Liza just a little bit hopeful that he would help. "Apology accepted." Liza took a step towards them, "Please, just tell us what you know."

Damon didn't answer her, causing Liza to take another step towards him, "It's Elena Damon, if you know something, tell me." Damon took in and breath and closed the grimoire, standing after a second causing Stefan to stand as well. Damon faced his brother, looking him in the yes, "I mean this sincerely, I hope Elena dies." Liza faced away from him as the tears she had been holding in had surfaced again, not allowing herself to give Damon the satisfaction of seeing her cry. Yet she did not know that Damon had seen the tears, and it killed him to play a part in it, but if it meant he got Katherine back, who he still believed he loved, and caused his brother a little suffering, then so be it. He would be the bad guy in her eyes, as long as he got what he wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been about 15 minutes since Damon walked out, and Liza was still crying. She couldn't lose Elena, not ever. She was the only person in the world who never judged her or took her for granted. Liza was losing her mind, going through everything again, from the moment Elena was taken to the moment her and Stefan entered the Salvatore house, hoping to remember something she might have missed, but that's the thing about photographic memories, she already knew it wasn't going to change. Stefan was watching the red head as she paced and cried, he had tried to help her but she had just growled at him, and he knew to just let her be. Liza needed space when she was thinking, he knew that, but he still worried. 

Stefan was watching Liza pace the library as his phone rang, causing the red head to move next to him, faster than he had ever seen her move before. "Elena, are you ok?" Liza listened into the call with her hearing, she was getting quite use to using it at this point, a thought that made her chuckle. The person on the other end of the line however, made her growl, "She's fine, for now. Tell me you have the grimoire and she'll stay fine." Liza ran her hand through her hair worried as Stefan leaned on the railing while he answered the older vampire "I can get it." "Which means your brother has it, and I have the witch, so one of you better meet me in the very public town square in 30 minutes so we can safely discuss how fun it's going to be to work together." With that the phone call ended.