Chapter 5

Liza was downstairs having breakfast with her mom when Elena came down. "Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?" Liza nodded her head and continued eating her breakfast, she had already caught them over the summer one of the many times Vicki Donovan spent the night, so it wasn't a shock to her. Jenna simply answered her niece with a simple "Uh-huh" Elena sent her cousin a look, "And you have no objection?" Jenna looked up from her work, "He could be a little craftier about it, at least make an effort to sneak her in and out." Liza smirked at her mom as she knew what she was talking about, having had to sneak an ex or two out herself in their old town. "Oh, and just so you know, I won't be home for dinner." Liza and Elena smirked at each other, "Oh so you're actually gonna do it?" Elena took this opportunity to play onto her cousins words, "You're gonna go out with Logan?" Liza laughed as her cousin shimmied her shoulders at her Mother in a teasing way. Jenna smiled at her girls, "I'm gonna show up and torture him, yes. have you heard from Stefan?" Liza looked at her cousin, knowing that other than a very vague and crappy voicemail that her cousin proceeded to mock to her mother, Elena had heard nothing from him.

"Have you called him?" Jenna was genuinely curious, knowing he made her niece happy and her daughter found him as a friend. "No, and I'm not going to, neither is Liza." Liza simply through her hands up in fake surrender, "And you're ok with everything?"

"No, I'm not ok with any of it. I'm not gonna cry about it either. You know I was gonna write in my diary this morning, and I thought, what am I gonna write? Honestly, I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls, who's world stops turning because of some guy" Liza smiled at her cousin, proud of her. "Damn straight! You go cousin!" Jenna simply looked between the girls, "Ok then." Elena looked at her aunt, "I'll be fine." Liza simply shrugged at her mother before she finished eating and heading to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elena, Bonnie and Liza were hanging out by the red heads locker as they were watching Caroline as she handed out flyers for the carwash the school was doing. "Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened." Bonnie shook her head, agreeing with the burnette in front of her, "She's in denial." Liza simply nodded with them in agreement. That was when Stefan came up to the three. "Hey." Bonnie and Liza shared a look as they made for an abrupt exit. "Hey, uh, we gotta go, uh, be somewhere right now." Liza chuckled as she followed her short friend, "Have I ever told you that you suck at lying?" Bonnie playfully slapped her arm, laughing as they joked about her lack of abilities on the matter as they made their way to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somehow, someway, Caroline had managed to convince Liza to take place in the carwash. So here she was, lathered up with sunscreen and in a Bikini top with a pair of jean shorts. How she found herself here, she isn't quite sure, what she does know, is that Caroline is very, very, convincing. She was helping Bonnie and Matt dry off a car, when they caught him looking at Elena and Stefan. "No! Don't do that." Liza then threw her towel at his face, he chuckled and threw it back to her as she smiled sweetly at him, "None of that torture pining stuff." Matt turned to Bonnie, "I'm just observing." Liza looked at him with a deadpanned expression, "Just observing my butt." That's when another car came in. "Tiki, this one's yours."

Liza had enough of Tiki after she decided to be a brat towards the owner of the car. So when the water basically exploded on her, Liza couldn't help the laugh that escaped her as Matt went to help Tiki. 

Elena and Liza walked up to Jenna who was sitting at a picnic table, "You're car was done an hour ago." Jenna got up to face them, "And you're saying that out loud why?" That is when Logan came up to them. "Hi. Elena right? I think I met you once when you were nine" Jenna took that time to throw in a little tease "Your emotional maturity level when we were together." "Ouch, and here I thought we were making progress." He then turned to Liza, "You must be Liza, I've heard so many good things about you." Liza smiled at him politely and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, I can't say the same." Liza smirked at the man as he looked at her sheepishly. Elena looked at Jenna, "Is he enough in your good graces that I can ask him a favor?" Liza then looked up at him with a sickly sweet smile. Logan then looked at Jenna "If I do her a favor, will I get back in your good graces?" Jenna smiled at him, "Uh, a very reluctant maybe to both." Liza chuckled at her mothers answer. "Done, wait. One condition. Dinner, tonight, your house." Liza was impressed, he was trying very hard to get back on her mothers good side. Elena and her shared a look, both obviously thinking the same thing before looking over at Jenna. "Fine, but you're eating leftovers." Liza smiled, knowing that he could make her happy if he didn't screw it up. "Ooh," Logan then turned to Elena, "what do you need?" Elena, Liza, and Logan shortly left after Elena asked to see some old news stories from the fifties, apparently for a report which Liza knew was simply a cover up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza and Elena were in a room with a bunch of computers. Apparently Elena was looking for something involving the old Salvatore Boarding house. Liza wasn't sure exactly what she was looking for, but she was by her side nonetheless. It was when Elena started playing a video that Liza payed attention to the screen. It was an old news story, and they were bringing out bodies. However when they zoomed in on the entrance of the boarding house, both Liza and Elena were astonished by what they saw. There in the doorway of the house, stood a figure, who looked exactly like Stefan, and it wasn't even just a family resemblance, it was Stefan. Liza and Elena looked at each other, both not quite sure what to say. They decided to go home and compare facts, things they saw. When they did, they were left with one conclusion. It was impossible, but they needed answers. They knew they needed to confront him but they weren't quite sure how. 

They decided on the only thing they could really think of, which was to just go up to him, and ask him. So that led to where they were now, standing in front of the Salvatore house, with Elena desperately knocking. When the door opened, Liza took in Stefan's appearance, almost as if she was double checking what she saw. When her eyes landed on the stake in his hands however, she stepped in front of her cousin slightly and looked at him with daggers in her eyes. It was then that Elena voiced the question they came to ask in the first place.

"What are you?"