Chapter 3

Liza decided to catch a ride with Bonnie and Elena this morning, joining in on their gossip for once. "She's not saying don't date the guy, dear cousin, she is simply saying take it slow." Liza knew Bonnie was weirded out by whatever occurred the night before when she accidently touched Stefan. "She was the one who said to go for it." They started their walk up to the school as Elena was confused by her friends sudden turn around on her new boyfriend. "And now I'm saying take it slow," Bonnie said to her friend. Liza wasn't sure what Bonnie felt, but even if she only just started to get to know her new friend, she already knew her enough to know that Bonnie would do anything for Elena. 

"Why the about face?" Elena was confused, her friend was being weird and her cousin wasn't much help. "It's not an about face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career, it's the perfect time to play the field." Elena chuckled "Oh because I'm so that girl. Seriously, what are you not saying." Bonnie knew her reasoning wouldn't sound right to Elena, "It's stupid." Elena, however, was persistent, "Bonnie. Spit it out." Bonnie finally came clean to her friend, "I accidently touched Stefan, and I got a really bad feeling." Elena looked at her friend in disbelief, "Is that it?" Bonnie got upset her friend wasn't taking her seriously so she tried to walk away, but Elena grabbed her by the arm pulling her back "Bonnie." "It was bad bad." Liza decided to speak up at this point, "Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?" Bonnie looked in-between the cousins "You know what, I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." Elena smiled at her friend, "And I love you for it, I do, but I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to feel like things are starting to get back to normal again, and you know what, Stefan is a big part of that." Liza smiled at her cousin looping her arms with the two burnettes, "Well I think he's great!" Her friends chuckled at her behavior as they continued talking.

Stefan came up to the group of friends, "Good morning Elena, Good morning Bonnie, Liza." Liza smiled at him while Bonnie took this opportunity to escape it seems "Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline, she's not answering her phone, so see you guys later." Elena tried to get her friend to come back as Stefan was left confused with the other two girls. "She doesn't like me very much." Elena went up to her new boyfriend "She doesn't know you, she's my best friend she's just looking out for me, but when she does, she will love you." Liza smiled at Stefan, "If it makes you feel any better, I think you're great." Stefan chuckled at Liza's behavior as she walked off into the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza was grabbing her things out of her locker when Tyler and Matt walked up to her, "What's up little red?" She turned to face them with her eyebrows raised, "Seriously? Little red?" Tyler chuckled "What, you have red hair, and you're short." Liza simply chuckled along with the two as they headed to class, "Ok, I'll give you a pass on that one, but that's it, that's the only nickname you get to give me." Liza then took the two by surprise as she punched tyler in the arm, him rubbing his new wound, "What was that for?" Liza gave him a smile but matched it with a look that said to not push her, "That is for being a dick to my cousin." Tyler laughed as he went to his class while Liza and Matt walked into Mr. Tanners.

As the class was going along, Mr. Tanner was becoming increasingly annoying this particular day,  so Liza simply decided to doodle in her notebook, as was Bonnie. It was when Mr. Tanner called out on Elena that Liza looked up, giving the teacher a glare that could send the devil himself running for the hill. "Pearl Harbor, Miss Gilbert?" Elena turned around in her seat to face him, "Hm?" Tanner asked her again, "Pearl Harbor?" When Elena couldn't answer the question, Stefan took the opportunity, causing Liza to look back at her notebook, "December 7th, 1941" Tanner looked at him annoyed, "Thank you, Miss Gilbert." "Any time." Tanner looked at him even more annoyed now, "Very well, The fall of the Berlin Wall?"