Chapter 10

"Why are you here Logan?" Liza had been sent away, but was of course listening in from the kitchen, "I missed you," Liza scoffed under her breath "I was out of town. I..." Jenna was quick to cut him off "Yeah, I got the email" "You got an email?" Jenna looked at him confused, "You didn't send an email?" Logan took a second to think, "I can explain. Just invite me in and I'll tell you everything." Liza tensed up at his offer, but she also knew her mother was a stubborn woman "I'm not going to invite you in. Forget it." Liza let out a breath of relief, knowing that as long as Jenna was inside, she would be safe. Logan didn't want to accept her refusal though, "Come on Jenna, It's me" Jenna shook her head, "The answer is no." Logan looked at her, "I know you, you're always one step from a maybe, a tiny nudge to yes." Both Jenna and Liza were getting angry, making it hard for Liza to stay in the kitchen and let her mother handle it, "You just pointed out that I have no self control. Clever Strategy." Jenna then closed the door on him, Liza coming out of hiding and smiling at her mother, before they both started laughing, and saying goodnight. As Liza made her way into the room, closing the door behind her, she quickly rushed over to her phone on her nightstand and tried calling Stefan, even Damon, trying to let them know that Logan was back, and the voices said he was a vampire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Liza was downstairs putting on her coat, when Elena came down. "Jeremy's got his sketch pad out." Liza and Jenna looked at each other, before the older red head looked at her niece, "You're kidding." Elena shook her head, "Nope, but don't say a word, the minute we encourage him, he'll put it away." At this Liza fake zipped her mouth and threw away the key and then threw up her hands in fake surrender, causing the other two to laugh at her antics. "Psychology Major, check that." As Liza grabbed her bag, she noticed Elena check her phone, as did her mother. "You and Stefan? Update?" Elena buttoned up her coat, "He knows how I feel and where I stand and I know where he stands, but it doesn't matter, he's leaving. Moving away." Liza looked down at this, she knew he was leaving, but it still stung he didn't even bother to say goodbye. Jenna looked between her girls, "Where's he going." Elena opened the door for them, "I stopped asking questions. The answers get scary." They all walked out to the front porch, carrying on the conversation as they headed to their cars. "Yours leaves, mine returns." Elena looked at her aunt, "Logan?" Liza nodded her head in response, "Mhm." Jenna and Elena scoffed, "I didn't let him past the front door." "I hope you slammed it in his face." "Oh she did" Jenna smiled at her daughter, "It was a medium slam." Elena looked at her aunt "Three strike rule Jenna, you're not even allowed to watch the news." Liza laughed at her cousin, "Exactly, no more Logan "scum" Fell."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza was in school, walking towards her locker as she saw Matt and Caroline, who looked very close. She smiled at them, only Caroline returning it as Matt rolled his eyes. Feeling a slight sting in her chest, she walked towards her locker as Tyler caught up with her, having seen her reaction. "Hey, you ok?" Liza nodded, "Mhm, why wouldn't I be?" Tyler sent her a look, and she looked down before speaking up. "I just, I don't understand why he hates me so much? What did I do wrong?" Tyler looked at her in sympathy as she opened her locker, leaning on the lockers next to hers, "You didn't do anything, Matt's just going through a hard time right now, I guess he's just taking it out on you," Liza nodded, grabbing her things and shutting her locker looking at the jock next to her. Tyler looked at her and threw his arm over her shoulder "Hey, don't let him or anyone else get you down, you're Liza Fricking Sommers, it's time to get back to that." Liza smiled at him as they started walking towards her class, "Thank you Tyler, at least I know you aren't going anywhere." Tyler looked down at her, "And leave you behind? Never."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza had stayed after school to help finish setting up for the career night, and surprisingly enough, Tyler had helped her. He was adamant on showing her that he was there for her, that she still had him when she felt alone. Tyler may not show it, but Liza knew that deep down, he cared deeply for people, he just had a hard time showing it. They joked and laughed, talking about everything that came into the conversation and for the first time in a while, Liza felt like a normal teenage girl. She didn't think about vampires or witches, she didn't think about the voices in her head, she simply thought about where to put the next poster and how they were gonna hang up the banner. They had finished setting up, and went from table to table, finally settling on the table with drawings. Tyler had confessed to liking art, dabbling in it himself and showed her a few of his drawings. She smiled as she flipped through, commenting on little things she liked, bringing a smile to match hers to his face.