THREE

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!" Someone shouted in my ear, jerking me awake.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOSER!"

Fresh insults in the morning? Definitely, Jaxon.

"She's not even awake yet. Could you lay off a minute?"

Someone shook me violently as I tried to ignore them and bury my head further in the covers.

"I'M UP! I'm up." I said, sitting up quickly.

Jace was not even three inches from my face as he stared into my groggy eyes intently.

"You're eighteen, now. Feel any different?"

"Yeah, I'm feeling faint. Your breath is fuckin' hideous dude." I waved my hand in front of my face.

"Happy birthday, L!" Wren said, smiling cheekily.

"Thanks guys, you sure know how to make a girl feel special." I warmed looking at all my brothers. They made a good-sized room feel like a closet with their massive figures. But, they kept me smiling.

"Do we ever." Jace said suggestively, sporting a smirk.

"Gross. Do you have to bring up your sex life first thing in the morning?" Throwing off the covers I stood to get ready for school.

"Hey, I'm just trying to teach you two virgins something." Jace said pointing at Wren and I.

"Fuck off, Jace." We said in unison.

"Everybody OUT! I need to get ready."

"Fine, we're going! Happy birthday sis'. I can't believe you're all grown up." Jace said as he awkwardly embraced me with one arm.

"Happy Birthday Lux, you'll always be my loser little sister." Jaxon said, hugging my other side and pulling away with a sarcastic smile.

"OUT!" I pointed to the door and the twins promptly exited.

After they closed the door Wren walked over to me and gave me a silent but strong hug.

"Ouch! Wren! Too hard-can't breathe."

"Oo-sorry sis'!" He said, pulling away and scratching behind his neck nervously.

"S'okay. Love you too." I said, knowing that's what he was trying to convey without saying it.

"Happy Birthday, L." He replied with a shy smile as he left.

After the boys' wake-up call I quickly got ready for school. Since it was my birthday I put in a little extra effort and wand curled my waist-length black hair into uniform waves. I applied a little mascara, blush to add some color to my pale skin, and finished with lip gloss. My version of a nice outfit was a short black skater dress, knee high black socks over sheer tights and my lug-sole combat boots.

As I reached the kitchen I noticed my brothers and parents huddled around a white cake with freshly-lit candles.

"Happy Birthday, princess! My baby girl is all grown up!" My dad yelled with a choked voice, trying to hold back tears.

"Take it easy old man, you're gonna blow a gasket." Jace cackled.

"Happy birthday, honey." My mom approached, a warm smile gracing her beautiful face as she wrapped me in one of her warm hugs.

"Thanks guys." I blushed from all the attention.

"Okay, we're gonna do the cake now so it's just family since we'll have guests later tonight." My mother said pulling me over to the counter so I could blow out the candles. After suffering through a painfully offkey birthday song, courtesy of the twins, I blew out the candles and we all had breakfast from the buffet my mother set out.