NINETEEN

I waited until we entered the packhouse before I spoke my mind.

"I think I'll just sleep on the couch in the living room."

"No, you won't." Kohl responded plainly.

Drue cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"Why not?"

"It's a security risk."

"Oh please, the packhouse is a fucking fortress."

"You're not sleeping in the living room, Luxor. End of story." Kohl said like he was speaking to a petulant child.

"At least tell me you've changed the sheets since your little romp with Bimbo Barbie."

Drue choked on a laugh.

"Bimbo Barbie?" Kohl asked amused.

I rolled my eyes ignoring his question.

"Look, did you change them or not? I refuse to get infected with something by sleeping on you guys' love juices."

"Love juices?" Drue asked, laughing. I glared at him.

"Yes, the sheets have been changed, your highness." Kohl said, still barely concealing his amusement and victorious smile.

I harrumphed and went back to walking in silence. The closer we got to the room the more nervous I got. I was afraid of what it meant to be alone with Kohl. I wasn't convinced he wouldn't try anything or that he would take no for an answer. I began to seriously consider begging Drue to let me sleep in his room as we stepped off the lift and headed down the hallway to the right. Kohl and I stopped in front of the door to the guest suite while Drue kept walking.

"Goodnight, Lux." Drue said unlocking his door.

"I hate you." I mouthed to him.

He chuckled as he shut the door leaving me with the very literal big bad wolf. My only prayer was that I wouldn't get eaten alive before the night was over.

I tried not to shit a brick once we entered the large guest room. The whole room was only slightly smaller than Kohl's suite. There was a king sized bed across from a large wall-mounted TV. Beside that there was a small wooden desk and chair. I assumed the door in the back of the room was the bathroom. The dark, neutral decor was in line with upscale boutique hotel standards.

"I'm gonna take a shower. Or do you want to go first?" Kohl asked as he stepped towards the bed, throwing his jean jacket on the desk chair and kicking off his shoes.

"It's fine. Go ahead." He nodded and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I stood there trying to calm down my racing heart. Being in an enclosed space with Kohl made me extremely nervous. Being cordial with him added another level of uncertainty. I took off my shoes and sat on the edge of the bed. I was stiff and uncomfortable, dreading that we'd be sharing the same bed for the first time. I'd been secretly holding out hope there'd be a couch or even a comfy looking chair for me to sleep in. But the odds were not in my favor.

It felt as if I'd only sat there drowning in trepidation for about two minutes. It had been more like ten or fifteen when the bathroom door opened. Warm, humid air flowed out spreading the manly scent of his soap around the room. It smelled delicious, like an expensive cologne.

"All yours." Kohl said. I turned around not expecting what I saw.

Standing in front of me was a glorious testimony to the beauty of the male specimen. His chiseled abs, colorful tattoos and beautifully tanned skin were on full display,highlighted by the water dripping down his chest from his wet black hair. He stood there in only a skimpy white towel covering his waist. My mind went completely blank. Normally, it was easy to see Kohl for who he was, but with him standing in front of me naked it was hard to see past my raging hormones.