¶ CHAPTER 1 ¶

Big chaos accompanied by the noise of cries was surrounding the entire 'City Hospital' of Chandigarh. Though the walls of the building had witnessed more dangerous cases, yet the environment was completely different. The minute the authority of the hospital was informed about Mr Ritesh Shukla's son had met with an accident; the staff was turning nervous. Mr Ritesh was a big name in the medical field. He was a neurosurgeon; his work was so splendorous that the U.S had asked him to join their medical platform. Initially, he had denied it, but due to his wife's persistence, he agreed to walk in London.

His career had expanded with years, but unlike his parents' son had a deep longing towards India. He had heard enough of Indian culture, its diverse customs from the conversation his parents held with Patel. The family friends of Shukla's. So, his craving increased and finally his wish was fulfilled.

A BMW halted in front of the building, grabbing every individual attention. The reason was the speed the car was having. It was almost going to knock a senior lady down, who had walked out of the hospital.

The man besides, rushed to help the lady from rolling down on the road. The poor lady was on the verge of having a heart attack. "Are you fine?" He inquired, turning towards the car on seeing a person getting out.

"Is this a way to drive? Who grants you the license?" Directing his anger towards the person in the driving seat.

"We had asked him to rush," the person in a professional suit replied on the driver's behalf. Wearing sunglasses due to the heat emerging.

"And may I know why?" The man interrogating the other person in the suit.

"Who are you to question us?" Came a voice of a female, as she carried herself out of the car.

"He was going to knock the woman..." Their eyes placed on the oldie behind the guy.

"She isn't hurt, why are you making a nuisance out of it?" The elder man shook his head, he was in the late sixties.

"Might be attempting to beg for some money..." The lady's comment did crush the man's self-respect.

"I was..."

The senior woman due to whom the argument was initiated came to halt the topic. "Please let it be..." dragging the man along with him while he was objecting to it. It had offended him seeing the way that couple behaved towards them. The couple shook their head, seeing their retreating figure moving out of the building.

"These days people only cause headache..." murmuring the lady followed his husband. Her attire went similar to her husband, both seemed sophisticated figures. They had a certain posture, an upright one. Displaying they cared about their diet plans. They walked in a manner that not a single leg went in another direction, repeating the same pattern. They were rushing, their heart beating loudly but their face wasn't conveying any emotion. They had their personality balanced, something that hardly anyone could achieve.

Their legs halted in front of a cabin as if they were in search of someone. People outside the cabin stood on a glimpse at them but ignoring the people, the couple moved in. As they opened the door, a person was lying on the bed with another seating on the stool beside him. Both seemed young and of the same age, somewhere in their early twenties. The soul lying on the bed had many machines attached, conveying he was in a serious condition.

The guy on the stool had his eyes fixed on the person laying on the bed, with an underlying hope he would get conscious. "Karan..." Whispered the person grabbing the guy's attention. He stood from the chair; the lady walked towards the bed.

The rude attire she had was pulled off. Her eyes were brimming as she glimpsed his son laying on the bed in such a condition. She grabbed his wrist, "Why did you have to be stubborn? Can't you listen to us, I wish we haven't listened to you and took you to London. Maybe you won't land yourself in such a position." She wasn't hesitating to display her true self as upon glance at her son, she wasn't in a condition to pull herself together. Their last argument was on that matter, asking him to come back to London. They were missing his presence beside them yet he wasn't desiring to walk off any sooner.