¶ CHAPTER 27 ¶

SID

"What is it, Karan? Are you planning to take me onto the sheet outside?" I shoot daggers at his head, as he hadn't stopped walking. My words stopped him on his track, yet he was turning to face me.

"Sid, the conversation held wasn't planned..." I interrupted him, not desiring to play the conversation back in my mind. It was already having a troll over me.

"If you had brought me to discuss it? Then I am leaving..." I turned to walk back into the mansion. I had much better things to do.

"Things won't go as you wish," he turned to face me and we were staring straight into each other.

"It always had, so why won't it go any further," I spoke nonchalantly.

"Sid, try to understand." Karan paused, trying to put in a manner I would get him. "It's no longer about you but Shehnaaz. The way you act with her is going to affect her as well." I narrowed my eyes at him was going to repeat my dad's words. I was least accepting for Karan to agree with him.

"What are you trying to convey?" I hissed at him.

"The way you had a past, Shehnaaz had it too. The way past had shaped you into the person you are today, it had shaped her as well. Your dad controlled your life, thinking it was for your safety. You were so done with that you opted for freedom, shaping life as you pleased and in return forcing people in your life as you want them to." He paused looking for my reaction, I offered him none. I had to register his words, was I the same as my dad? Was I no better than him?

"Shehnaaz was brought up in such a state. She had her life controlled by her aunt, you hate Ganga for that reason, right? She tortured her, ill-treated her but above all she controlled her. That connected you with her, right?" He questioned and I stared at him amazed. He was so in point. That simple reason made me run after her, she had no dreams, no wishes, she was living life on someone's else terms. She was scared to even breathe without her aunt allowance.

"She had come from that cage, unknowingly you had dragged her out of that hell. And would it be any preferable to pull her into another? Doesn't she deserve freedom? The way you deserved, the way every living being deserve." The pause he took was longer expecting me to utter a word.

"What are you trying to say? Should I let her run away from me?" I glared at him that wasn't going to happen.

"At least don't force yourself to her. Make her feel it came naturally, she wasn't forced to love you. Make her feel it wasn't a lack of option but her choice to fall for you." He repeated voicing each word with care, pleading me to understand it.

"Why would she?" I trailed away, "world has many beautiful people to offer her. I am none, she doesn't deserve someone as worse as me. I don't deserve anyone's company. I am Kalank, a curse for my parents as well as for all of you. Even for her... my Jhalli..." I was staring at something at infinity. Those words were often offered to me, I had listened to it often enough to come to believe it.

Rather like Shehnaaz to showcase I believed it, I fought. My rude, arrogant texture was from people to not break me. To scare them away, so they won't hurt me with their words.

"Do you too was forced to be my friend? Did you feel that it was a lack of option, not a choice?" I inquired, looking into his eyes.

"Sid, it isn't..." he was going to interject but his eyes had offered me an answer. He wasn't desiring Shehnaaz to feel the way, I made him feel. I forced our friendship on him because we had one thing in common, Rihanna. He was my first friend after Rihanna, yet he was forced for it.