¶ CHAPTER 10 ¶

Karan made his direction directly towards Sidharth. Due to Sidharth's persistence, he had to allow him space or Karan knew very well, he wasn't in a condition to provide him with any. He had requested Ritesh Shukla not to carry him to London, knowing the situation would turn worse. Assuring he would make it certain that Sidharth's situation doesn't worsen but on witnessing the circumstance he was on the verge to ask him the same. Sidharth's mental state had extended from the way he behaved during Rihanna, showing Shehnaaz's loss had a much deeper impact on him.

Karan pushed the room and entered inside, amazed to see the scenarios of the room changed. It seemed clean unlike it was before yet he knew it won't stay the same for a much longer period. He shook his head, searching for the soul. And as anticipated, he sat on the floor. He might have slept while engrossing himself in the alcohol. He moved forward, a small place beside him had a blood patch. He might have again wounded himself, much to Karan's surprise he was treated. As his eyes moved on the palm, wrapped with a cloth.

It perplexed him, how come the cloth? He shook his head, attempting to wake him up. "Sid! Get up..." He urged him but wasn't ready to open his eyes. He repeated his action but no reaction was provided from the other side. "Sid!..." He patted his cheek to realise that though he had covered himself with the blanket yet his body had turned cold. It grew him to panic; he moved his eyes around.

"Uncle Ritesh! Sumitra aunty!" He yelled on top of his lungs, grabbing everyone's attention in the mansion. Ritesh and Sumitra rushed from their room towards Sidharth as they had identified the voice. Shehnaaz and the cook, busy in preparing breakfast, also heard the cry.

"Kya wajah ho sakti hai?" (What might be the reason?) Cook stared at Shehnaaz in anxiousness. Shehnaaz was scared of identifying the source to be Karan. She had anticipated that her meet would be soon with the rest, even Sushi would get to know about her. That would lead to aunt coming to know about the same, she grew tense with the thoughts. But the priority was to know the reason behind Karan's anxious yell. Soon everyone made their way towards Sidharth's room, with parents entering while staff stood at the door.

Karan's mental state was depriving him of noticing Shehnaaz's presence beside them. His eyes were fixed on Sidharth, worrying about him. He was providing him with one shock followed by the other.

"What's the deal?" Ritesh asked, looking at his son on the floor. Every glance he had of his son, could turn him weak. He was helpless before his stubbornness. How was he to pull his son from the darkness? He knew about the consequences his bad habit would lead him into yet he wasn't able to protect his life.

"He... is... turning... cold..." The fear overpowering Karan wasn't letting him bring a word out. The horror of losing him, he had experienced the feeling before. He wasn't intending to drive in it again. Nodding Ritesh walked towards him checking his pulses, rest eyes on Karan.

"Please help me with carrying him on the bed." Ritesh urged eyeing Karan, nodding he moved towards them. Carrying him towards the bed, and allowing Ritesh to examine him. Sumitra was staring at her husband with anxious eyes, waiting for a response from him. At that minute her eyes landed on the cloth tied to her son's palm. She remembered a glimpse of Shehnaaz existing from Sidharth's room last night. On finding a bag in her hand, she had a notion that she might have entered to get her bag. Though she had kept in mind to question about it to her, as Sumitra was well aware of his son disliking being disturbed. She needed to warn her! But seeing the cloth tied on his palm gave her some different view.

"Sana!" Sumitra called her, turning Shehnaaz nervous. The cook glanced at her, Shehnaaz's heart was rising. Why might Sumitra call her? "Come inside!" Her eyes rising in fury, it caused Karan to glance at Shehnaaz on the door. He couldn't believe his eyes, Shehnaaz stood before him. Sumitra knew her! He rubbed his eyes, feeling he might be hallucinating. But he wasn't, she was for real! But what was she doing in Sidharth's mansion? In Mumbai? Was Sidharth aware of her?