¶ CHAPTER 3 ¶

Sidharth was moving constantly, attempting to get out of the bed. “Sid! Is it that difficult to understand, why are you not listening to our words?” Losing patience, Ritesh yelled at him.

“Where is Karan? I need to talk to him,” hardly audible voice came from Sidharth. He was on the verge of turning unconscious but he wasn’t letting himself.

“Karan had gone to…” Before Lyra could inform, the door was opened and Karan stepped in. He was engrossed in his own thought, unaware of the situation in the cabin.

He had rushed directly to the hut, the place Shehnaaz lived. Banging the door for more than a minute as he pushed it slightly turning impatient. He discovered that the door was open, he looked at it puzzled. According to him, the door was never kept open. He moved in, but found no clue of her inside. Was on the verge to search her in the field, but something grabbed his attention.

Inside the hut, there was a small wooden cupboard. Its finish wasn’t proper, it looked as if some wood were jointed together with nails. Nothing heavy could be kept on it, or it would end into pieces. Karan chuckled on the remark Sidharth had on it.

***

"Oh wow. What's inside? Main open karke dekh lu?" ( Can I open it?) Sidharth asked Shehnaaz, as he was so excited, being in her place. While Karan was roaming his eyes to the every nook and corner of the hut. It was very small but it was beautifully maintained.

"Tum isme apna samaan rakhti ho?" ( You put your things in it?) Karan asked as soon as his eyes went on the cupboard and seeing the condition of the cupboard, he felt like it was on the verge of breaking. One slight push and it will be on ground. 

She nodded smiling, while making some space for them to sit. She had attempted her level best to stop them. But they were stubborn to listen, her eyes peeping outside the hut. Assuring aunt wasn't knowing about their arrival.

"What? Yeh toh bahut toota huya hai" (It is very broken), Sidharth asked, looking at the condition of the cupboard. "Isse pehle ke yeh zameen pe bikhar jaye, tum naya lelo" (You take a new one before it falls apart on the ground)

"Nahi- nahi, ehdi ki jarurat? Bilkul sahi tan hai" (No, What is the need of it? It's absolutely in perfect condition), she smiled nervously. How could she tell him that neither her aunt would fulfill her demand nor could she afford it.

As if he understood her dilemma, he spoke again, "pyaar hai… buhot zayada pyaar hai" (Love very strong one!) Sidharth paused for a second, moving his gaze from cupboard to Shehnaaz.  "But… why am I feeling jealous?" 

His remark made Karan to chuckle out loud and shake his head. While Shehnaaz was staring at them with questioning look. 

***

At second glance his eyes noticed the cupboard that used to be occupied with some clothes Shehnaaz had, was vacant.

Why would anyone remove their entire clothes until… Shit! As the thought crossed his mind, he rushed towards the field. With a hope that he could find her in those bushes.

Sidharth craving increased only to know her, they had seen a miserable life behind that nervous, anxious face. It was the wish to know and to provide her with a smile that landed them closer to her.

He was running with his entire might, tolerating the heat of the sun. His mind was pondering with all the unpleasing thoughts. He was scared of Sidharth's reaction if Shehnaaz had disappeared. He was hoping that his mind was signaling him wrong. Shehnaaz might be busy in her work and the cloth disappearing had nothing to do. As he completed the distance, he stood on the entrance of the field. Moving his gaze at every corner, he was panting as he bend down turning exhausted.