BONUS PART 1

A FEW DAYS LATER

Ganga coughed again, grabbing Shehnaaz's attention. She moved towards the jar of water. From the past few days, Ganga's condition had turned severe. Shehnaaz hadn't left her side for the past three-four days.

"Pani..." she grimaced at finding an empty jar on the lamp side. Sighing heavily, she glanced back at Ganga, who was coughing continuously. It was taking all of her energy. "Bua mai abhi pani le ke aati hu..." giving her a concerned look, she walked out of the room in haste. Shehnaaz was taking care of her, working day and night with only one hope. Her condition would improve. The doctor had claimed the same. Taking a long breath, she entered the kitchen. Gasping for breath as she hadn't walked but ran downstairs.

"Jhalli... sambhal ke... gir jaati toh?" Sidharth spoke, grabbing Shehnaaz by her elbow and making her face him.

He had returned from the college but to his displeasure, if he was the one to decide. He won't ever leave Shehnaaz side but again, he couldn't risk his final year. He stared at her brown orbs, on the verge to flow some tears down.

"Yeh," he slowly brushed it off from her cheek. "Kis khushi mein?" He question though his words had mischief the one sounded furious. He could never allow those eyes to wet up. "Shehnaaz..." on seeing her not responding, he raised her chin to stare at her eyes.

"Bua ki halat bigad rahi hai... mujhe... mujhe dar lag raha hai..." more tears jointed down their journey to her chin.

Not able to take those tears, he pulled her into the hug. Their height difference was so big that she could reach just to his chest. His hands caressing her hair softly. "Kuch nahi hoga unko... hum sab se ache doctor ko dikhayege..." He whispered in her ears, he couldn't be enough worthy of Karan. If he hadn't forced him that day to bring Sushi's parents, he might have left them in that condition. But maybe Shehnaaz wouldn't ever forgive him for it.

It was beyond his thinking capacity how could Shehnaaz forgive that woman so easily? Was it fair? Didn't she deserve little pain for torturing Shehnaaz life for years? Maybe there was something called a creator up above, people labelled him as God. Maybe he was present or Ganga wasn't getting so serious. It wasn't any longer a big disease. TB was a curable disease and with medicine and doctor from high profile institutes, it should have been cured long back. But she had to face the torture, the pain she offered to Shehnaaz. Much to his displeasure, she wasn't experiencing it alone, Shehnaaz was having the equal share.

He had seen her sitting beside her bed, awake. And even when he forced her into their bedroom, she used to wake up on small sounds. Forcing Sidharth to shift Ganga's bedroom next to theirs, and also keeping nurse beside her. So Shehnaaz could have some rest but it was impossible. And Sidharth had finally accepted his defeat, allowing Shehnaaz the way she wanted to act.

Shehnaaz suddenly pulled from Sidharth on remembering why even she entered the kitchen? "Pani..." whispering so she moved to fill the jar in her hand. And soon walking out of the kitchen, Sidharth shook his head following her.

"You can show down... Jaan..." He whispered from behind, concerned with her slipping from the stairs. She ignored him, she was used to his overprotective nature.

As she entered the room, "where the hell was you?" The scream could even reach Sidharth who was a few steps away from the room. He was making his way towards their room but upon listening to the shout, he changed his plan. "For once act responsible, why even you take responsibility if you can't fulfil it? Or are you planning to kill my mom as you want revenge..." Sushi was stopped but not by an expected person.

"Shut your mouth, Sushi!" Ganga screamed, having control over her cough. "Stop blaming her for every particular thing. It just showing your profound jealously towards her." She paused for a second, taking a breath.