¶ CHAPTER 19 ¶

"Karan?" Shocked Sumitra, moved her eyes at him.

"Yes... I moved inside, even after uncle's order. I felt an urge to glance at him once, and found him in..." Karan found it difficult to voice out, his eyes turning moist. Rest could imagine from his behavioural pattern, the seriousness of the matter. "For that reason, I am with uncle. His decision of rehabilitation is correct," Shehnaaz was staring at them with a confusing gaze. Why it was making Sumitra anxious? If Karan and Ritesh had no problem, why she grew tense on the matter?

"No! Please, don't punish my son." She grew cautious, as her hope was on Karan. Seeing him acting in the same manner as his husband, alarmed her. "Why you both don't understand! He needs love! Pushing him away will build more hate towards us. We need to cure him, not add..." Sumitra halted, glancing at Shehnaaz for once, whose eyes darted from one to another. Confusion filled her senses.

She had witnessed Sidharth care towards Shehnaaz wounded leg, earlier she considered that his son dislikes her but she was wrong. Though he claimed it from his tongue his actions were rhythming some different tone. Shehnaaz got scared on seeing Sumitra's eyes on her, questioning herself 'what more mistake had she committed?' Slowly lowering her gaze, not desiring to glance at the heated eyes of Sumitra.

As mentioned by Sidharth the doctor walked in, followed by Sidharth descending the stairs. His eyes fixate on Shehnaaz, though she knew him staring, she didn't have the guts to raise her head. "Check her!" Loud enough as the doctor stood without a word shared. His eyes were waiting for Ritesh to offer him command but instead, it was Siddharth who spoke.

It had amazed him as the son of the world most famous doctor called me to check on a person's pierced foot. He pressed a smile, feeling conscious. New in the field of medicine, and had to perform a task in front of the expect did make him more nervous.

"How did you hurt yourself with such...?" He inquired bending down to examine the scar.

"Woh..."

"None of your business!" Snapped Sidharth, stunning doctor and the rest. While the Shukla's were staring at their beloved son. With eyes of concern, what was he getting himself into? "Just do your work and move," shooting daggers at the person meaningless nonsense.

"Okay, sir..." he grabbed the foot of Shehnaaz, "Oh! The scar isn't deep... we just..."

"You better think before you talk, if it gave any future consequences. You will see the end of the world!" His warning could scare any human being and the doctor was none out of ordinary. He quietly completed his work, not mentioning a word after it.

"This might do the need full but if by chance..."

"There is no chance left, I had warned you once. You were given an opportunity to prove yourself and you took it for granted. If blood ooze of it, you will taste my medicine." Muttering it, he pulled the paper from the doctor's hand. The one he had prescribed medicine on, "you can leave." Putting his whole concentration on the girl staring at him in utter amazement.

She had got a hint from the previous night, he cared but the person standing in front was scaring her. It wasn't something worse yet the doctor faced very rude behaviour from him.

Gulping his saliva, a doctor walked out pressing a smile at the rest present. Praying, that lady better takes care of herself or the consequence would be faced by him. Sidharth was staring at the soul, glancing at him with frightened eyes. He hated the fact of her concealing the face from him. The one that should lower down his anger. Only he was offered with her eyes knowing that her full concentration was on him.

"Sidharth, how are you? Would you have lemonade? Are you having, headache?" Sumitra's eyes were filled with concern. As his son hardly spoke with her, she was desiring to get the earlier one. At least he would have random talks but after coming from Punjab he had fully turned aloof. And especially after the entry of the village girl. It was also a reason behind Sumitra disliking Shehnaaz.