¶ CHAPTER 5 ¶

The past continues...

The next day, as his daily routine, he walked on the shore of a pond. Keeping his hope high that he would come across the girl. But to his displeasure, he turned late and before he reached the pond; she had already disappeared. Disappointed, he was coming back from jogging with a deep frown on his face.

Lyra and Karan were getting confused with his behaviour as it is very unusual for him. They never saw him running behind any girl. Although they know about what happened that day, that girl saved him, that's why, he wanted to thank her but Karan made fun of him, saying that he was running after two girls who were nothing less than a ghost.

He was lost on his own when he dashed into Karan, who was talking over the phone and his back was facing him, making him stumble a bit.

"Ohww! Can't you see man?" Spoke irritated Karan, but he wasn't returned with a response.

Knowing what could be the reason, Karan placed his hand on his shoulder and to lighten his mood, he said, "it's fine buddy! You're fortunate that you're not able to glance at her face. Just imagine, you see her once and all your hope shatters down. What if, she might be having bloody teeth, with a face as white as powder. Won't it be scary?" Questioned Karan, resulting in a cushion directed towards him.

"Stop, troubling him Karan!" Scolded Lyra, who had made herself comfortable on the sofa in the living area.

"Thanks, girl," murmuring Sidharth sat beside her.

"What happened, you seem all gloomy?" Inquired Lyra as unlike the previous day, he seemed defeated.

"All due to the Karan!" Fuming in exasperation, Lyra offered him a pillow beside her. "Thanks," with it again Karan was hit with it.

"Stop torturing me!" Gasping in pain, a pillow hit his forehead with a high speed. "What had I done? I did not even accompany you, as last time due to my fear she hadn't come to lure you."

"Karan halt your rubbish there! Don't comment on her with those words," warning him. "She isn't such a girl, she is innocent."

"How do you know?" Lyra and Karan got curious while listening to his statement.

"I had met her that day, she had saved me from that dangerous snake. Her eyes weren't meeting mine as if scared to even glance at me." A smile swept on his lip on recollecting that event. 

Hazaaron mein kisi ko, Taqdeer aisi...
Mili hai ik Ranjha Aur Heer jaisi...

"Her attempts to run away as if I would harm her, and that tongue rolling down an unknown language. She seemed to be from this village, maybe she was speaking..."

"Punjabi! Maybe that's why you weren't understanding a word." They moved their eyes on the entrance and found Sushi entering, with a plate of breakfast.

"I can't be enough worthy of you mother Sush... she is the best!" Praising Ganga, Karan directly jumped on the breakfast.

"Karan control!" Lyra commented on glancing at him attacking the ghee filled parathas. She grew tense as those foods would end up increasing her weight. Sushi assured her that she would prepare something for them both as Sushi wasn't going to cheat on her diet.

"You are from the village yet you have no knowledge about that girl?" Sidharth asked as it made him suspect how come she was so mysterious?

"Yes! I am from this village but you're forgetting, I have returned after five years. And about the rest, it's because people here are up early. The time you mentioned villagers are already in their field, so none would have found anyone near the pond."