¶ CHAPTER 15 ¶

NAAZ

Present...

"Hmm... Shehnaaz," Karan's voice got in my ears. I raised my head, staring at him with tense eyes. "Tum kyu na ek kaam karo?" (Why don't you do work?) My eyebrow raised in question. "Tum Sid, ko soup pelavo..." (Make Sid, drink the soup.) pointing at the bowl beside the bed. I stood in alarm, darting my gaze at Sidharth. He was shooting daggers at Karan.

"Haven't I said once? Mujhe nahi pina..." (I don't want to drink it...) Announcing it loud enough so everyone could hear his words.

"Shehnaaz, apne soft soft..." gesturing towards his own hand and indicating it to be soft. "Haato se khilaye toh bhi?" (With her own hands, still?) As a result, Karan was hit with the pillow.

"You shut your mouth! Stupid man! Lyra, take Karan out. I can't tolerate him any longer." Moving his eyes towards Lyra, she was going to speak but Karan interrupted her.

"Why? Are you indirectly trying to convey, ki hum tum dono ko akela chod de?" I widened my eyes at that statement, wasn't he scared of Sidharth answer? He might have experienced much dangerous reaction of his, yet he was fooling around him.

"Karan!" Sidharth moved a little, attempting to take the vase in his hand beside the table.

"Man!" Karan eyes tensed, "fine! I won't tease you further." He folded his hands as if he was on the urge to be wounded. I couldn't help myself any further. Laughing on seeing him as a lost puppy, as if he was the most innocent person on the planet. I was engrossed in laugh for few minutes when constant gaze turned me caution. I halted myself, raising my eyes at the staring people around me. Sidharth eyes were shining as before, his lip craving into a beautiful smile. Suddenly his eyebrow knitted as if hadn't appreciated me halting. His smile, it seemed as if he had forgotten smiling.

"Your laugh is so melodious!" Karan spoke the statement usually implanted by Sidharth. "How come you're so gifted?" I was perplexed by Karan changed behaviour; it wasn't the first time him complimenting me. But his frequent gazes wandering from me to Sidharth, made me uncertain about his actions. I moved my gaze towards Sidharth, he had fisted his hand in anger.

"Please stop the rubbish! I need some rest," came an anticipated yell from Sidharth.

"Sidharth!" We heard a shout and soon, Sidharth mom rushed inside. Her eyes fixed on her son but a minute later, her eyes wandered in search of someone, ending on me. "You! What's your problem? Can't you let my son be in peace? What wrong had he done to you?" Grabbing my elbow tightly, "why are you after his breath?"

I was staring at her with thousands of pondering questions. "Aunty? Hmm..." Karan was going to interrupt but she wasn't bothered with his presence around.

"Where is the bowl? Where had you kept it?" Moving her eyes once again in the room, fury been overlapped with worry.

"Which bowl are you talking about?" Sidharth questioned eyes conveying confusion, as her eyes landed on the bowl beside the bed. She rushed towards it and within a minute it was landed on the floor. Everyone was stunned seeing her actions, "thank God! I reached before you consumed it." Sidharth wasn't understanding a word so were we.

"Aunt, what do you mean? What's wrong with the soup?" Karan was the person to object loudly, Sidharth staring at her mother for an answer.

"Because it contains mushroom!" Her one statement made everyone shut, everyone's eyes were fixed on me. I wasn't understanding what was the matter, something related to mushroom was spoken.

"Tum ne soup mein, mushroom nahi dala?" (Haven't you put mushrooms in the soup?) She inquired, eyes directed towards me. I gave a slight nod, what was wrong if had put it? "How can you! Agar kuch pata na ho toh puch lena chahiye... tumari ek galati..." Sumitra was fuming in anger, I wasn't able to understand the valid reason behind it. "Maine Ritesh se bola tha, ki tum bus Sid ko dukh de sakti ho. Usko teekh nahi kar sakti," grabbing me through my elbow.