¶ CHAPTER 30 ¶

SID

With that voice heard, Shehnaaz's eyes widen in horror as if she recognised the person. I was at least bothered to pay attention to enjoying the moment. I sensed two small hands pulling me away. I looked at her, confused. Her strength wasn't doing the need full, yet I separated myself from her. Raising a brow at her, rather than providing me with an answer, she removed the thin sheet covering us and glanced at the source. At that very moment, I recognised the thin sheet was rather Shehnaaz dupatta, the same source hiding me from her. I glared at it in annoyance.

The lack of light wasn't making it possible to recognise the person. "Where the hell, where you?" I heard her voice bursting in anger. "How could you leave my parents alone? That too when my mom is not in a good condition?" She was fuming in anger, and soon I got who the interrogator was.

"It's your parents, it should have been you taking care of her not she," I answered on Shehnaaz behalf as she wasn't going to ever stand up. I moved my arms around her waist. "And you better think twice before ever talking with her in such an attitude, and who even allowed you inside?" I gazed at her, disgusted with her presence.

"I came here to meet my parents as they were alone. How come you take their responsibility and leave without informing? Shehnaaz tumhe pata hai mom..."

"Agar itni hi concern hai le javo na mom ko, she will be happy with her daughter." I narrowed my eyes daring her to argue. It was due to HER that her parents were staying on the road and here she had the guts to order around Shehnaaz. "Sirf Shehnaaz ki wajh se woh log yaha hai kyuki chahe tum logo ne kaisa bhi behave kiya ho, Shehnaaz kabhi nahi chahegi ki tum logo ke sath kuch bura ho, so thanks Shehnaaz for it..." I gave her a warning look as she was glaring at Shehnaaz entire conversation. "And I don't like repeating myself, Sushi. Eyes down! I don't like anyone staring at my Shehnaaz in such a manner." I completed, walking past her and moving to the brighter path of the entrance soon glimpsing at two other souls.

"Shehnaaz tum kaha thi hum..." Ganga was going to speak but I interrupted, I had enough of her daughter had no patience to deal with the mother.

"None of your business..." gritting my teeth, making it clear I won't take any nonsense. Walking past her and her husband, he was passing us a smile. I was least bothered to offer him any. Making our way slowly towards the upstairs, luckily I wasn't meet with any of my parents. Wait! Sushi mentioned about her parents were alone, where were my parents then? They won't ever leave the entire mansion for strangers.

I looked at Shehnaaz, once again moving my gaze into the living area. "Mom and dad kaha hai?" I inquired showing the least affected but I knew, I was failing, Shehnaaz hopeful gaze was indicating the same way Karan's gaze always did.

"Woh log do din phele London chale gaye..." she trailed off as if rewinding the moments.

"Hmm..." I hummed letting the emotions drive me, they didn't wait for me. Not even bothered to say the goodbyes, not that I was interested. I shook my head, suddenly Shehnaaz word registered in my mind. "Do din?" Amazed, how it could be possible? I was away for two days? That brought them to search for me. It wasn't new though!

She nodded, showing concern. I hummed in response, what else could I convey? My gaze moved towards her feet, last time I had ordered her not to move from the couch. And she was standing on her feet for more than an hour. I narrowed my eyes, she got confused with a sudden change in my behaviour.

"I had commanded you not to move. I was away but it didn't allow you to act careless," I glared at her. Slowly leaning towards her and carrying her in my arms. "Tumhari bandage kaha hai?" Her feet were no longer wrapped in cotton.